• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My mud truck build bad 395/85/20 tires?

Watsonpreston

3 bears tire shop in Dallas like 50$ each it's fine now I found out if the tube has the valve stem going the wrong way it will hit the steering knuckle on the front causing it to fail and very fast. It's working good I will be upgrading to 53 tires some time this summer the setup works good but is cheap and not the best way if you can get 5 ton rims and adapters is preferred or if you can afford high dollar custom rims

chestypuller1371

3 bears tire shop in Dallas like 50$ each it's fine now I found out if the tube has the valve stem going the wrong way it will hit the steering knuckle on the front causing it to fail and very fast. It's working good I will be upgrading to 53 tires some time this summer the setup works good but is cheap and not the best way if you can get 5 ton rims and adapters is preferred or if you can afford high dollar custom rims

i got the mrap rims with the tires on them but them adapters cost a fortune to ship to alaska. thats whats holding me back.

Special T

I would immagine nearly anyone with a plasma table could burn you out a set up in AK. The only hard part may be finding some one with a 90deg champher to put a taper on the plate.

Watsonpreston

M15000 warn winch install will also be installing hidden battery right next to it for shorter cables. Ordering a auto tensioner and cordless controller. Need to finish welding it out and painting the mounts. 8 inch black rock kit should be delivered by Monday need to find a place to make the high steer arm have the cad file of any one can make it.

Watsonpreston

Got the lift finished up went great was a easy install a one weekend project the rivets sucked big time. Black rock fabrication did a awesome job loved the fact he sent the letters from the cut outs. I'm still waiting on the high steer arm from why not custom should be here this week. I was able to extend the link from the Waterloo power steering kit far enough to get it to turn right but it's at a really bad angle. The front spider gears the only axle with out a locker exploded maybe because of the tire chains. With the 8 lift front and rear the 395 tires will still hit the bed fully flexed still no binding at the u-joints but looks all types of crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watsonpreston

The high steer arm from why not custom arrived today it looked awesome wish my studs where a hair longer can't get a full nut will be ordering some longer arp studs soon.
I have bought a 24 valve 5.9 Cummins for a motor swap so I went ahead and turned the pump up all the way and installed a pyro. If the motor survives the 4th of July it will be getting a intercooler and water injection that will also be used on the Cummins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

rustystud

Just a note to everyone using off site places to hold your pictures. Please post your pictures here. In later years no one will ever see them and will wonder what in the world you where talking about. Remember once you close your accounts the pictures are gone. Also it is Steel Soldiers policy to post your pictures here.
Thanks.

Special T

Tap Talk is a phone app that simplifies the ability to view forums on a smart phone.

It doesn't allow you to do or see all the stuff a computer is. A lot of it depends on the kind of forum software used and how it translates back and forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks