• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My MV My Home

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is for pictures of your MV in different locations around your hometown or great back-drops where your MV has taken you. It's either shots out the window or stopped with your MV in front of an amazing back-drop.

Include a little info about your location and the vehicle in your photo. Era buildings, matching the build date of your MV will preserve a little more history in photo's.

Forced to road test my G749, 1956 GMC M135 2 1/2 ton 6X6 after some repairs, I started to drive around Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

We have an amazing river valley and some very beautiful architecture up here and it's worth sharing.

The mirror shot was a yellow sports car that hooked up with the 6X for a little tour around downtown.

Another reason to get out and drive the MV.

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a cool thread, Good looking out Plowboy.

I took a few pictures this summer. I live in the far north burbs of Detroit. I do enjoy driving in the City when I get a chance. People just seem to magically get out of your way.:shock:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Don, I love the last image going over the bridge. That's great!

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1010 Edmonton

The M1010 with the Edmonton skyline in the background and a little Voodoo on a stick.

A picture in front of the Alberta Aviation Museum where the M1010 will be on static this weekend as an active First Aid Station amongst a WW11 theme. More pics to come.

M1010 Display sheet.........

[FONT=&quot]1986 Chevrolet M1010 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tactical 1 1/4 ton (4x4)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle (CUCV) Type C (ambulance)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EngineGM (Detroit Diesel) 379 cu in. (6.2L) J-series non-emissions diesel V-8 engine, 135hp@3600rpm [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TransmissionGM TH400 (Turbo Hydramatic 400) automatic transmission with 3 forward and 1 reverse speeds [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Transfer CaseManual NP208 AxlesDana 60 front, 10.5 in Corporate 14 Bolt rear diff (w/Detroit Locker). Lockout hubs on front axle. 4.56:1 ratio. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Curb Weight7370 lbs (3348 kg) Payload2080 lbs (944 kg) Towed Load Allowance3000 lbs (1361 kg) GVW9450 lbs (4290 kg) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Wheelbase131.5 in (334 cm) Length227.7 in (578.4 cm) Width81.2 in (206.2 cm) Height101.6 in (258.0 cm) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Electrical12/24 volt dual voltage, 200 amp electrical system[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] BrakesHydraulically activated, power-assisted front disc and rear drum service brakes, silicone fluid [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fording20 in (50.8 cm) w/o kit Ground Clearance7.8 in (19.8 cm), rear axle @ GVW TiresLT235/85R-16E Steel Belted Radials Tire Pressure45 psi (310 kPa) front, 80 psi (552 kPa) rear, spare same as rear Fuel Tank20 Gallons US (75.7 liters) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Maximum Speeds At Governed RPM
High Range1st 25 mph (40.2 kph)
2nd 35 mph (56.3 kph)
Drv 55 mph (88.5 kph)
Rev 9 mph (24.5 kph) Maximum Speeds At Governed RPM
Low Range1st 14 mph (22.5 kph)
2nd 23 mph (37.0 kph)
Drv 35 mph (56.3 kph)
Rev 6 mph ( 9.6 kph)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Museum
[/FONT]

The Alberta Aviation Museum hanger. This monster was built in 1940-41 and remains in service as our local aviation museum. It's a Wooden Soldier.

After the USA entered the Second World War it was used to service (USAAF) aircraft heading to Alaska until the new USAAF base opened in Edmonton. Postwar it used by No. 418 (City of Edmonton) Reserve Squadron, and Distant Early Warning Line (DEW Line) construction as well as other civilian purposes.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Edmonton Winter

Every year we get around 3' of snow and we don't like to drive on it so we haul it to dump sites.

A fleet of Cats spends the winter seeing how high we can pile it. Today, Goose' the Deuce and I decided to go visit and one of the Cat operators came over to see her and volunteered to get some pictures from the hill.

View point pictures from 190st and 107ave in West Edmonton in order are looking East, South and North East.
Added an aerial shot of the river valley.

Can you spot Goose?

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
IMG_0363.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks