• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new 43 WC-51

boondocker1943

My first MV, and I'm very excited. It's an older restoration, but looks and runs strong. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I hope you enjoy the photos. Thanks for looking. Dean

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

November 2nd, 2012.

Boondocker 1943:

Very cool, a great find, and I hope you love the "fresh Air" cabs on these animals, as you almost never see side curtains on the cab in historic photos....(looking for the little drooly guy here, not on the expanded smilies...Geez!) Thumbs up, a great little truck!

FrankUSMC

Boondocker
Great looking truck. The good news is, it looks like it is a european rebuild, because of the mixed parts. That is a good thing. That means the truck is a new truck that should give you and grandkids who end up with it trouble free driving. Most of the big parts on it look to be from a 1942 truck. The bed, the small mouth gas tank, and I can not see it that well but it looks like one seat is an early one ( I can not see the drivers seat, BUT, if it is later low sided seat, you might want to just leave it, it does make it alot easier for you to get out from under the steering wheel). The steering wheel is also from a post 1942 truck, still no biggy, it looks like you did very well with the truck.
Enjoy her!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

boondocker1943

Thanks everybody for the great comments. The drivers seat is indeed a later model with the lower sides. I gave my youngest grandaughter a ride in it and now she wants one, I'll tell her to start saving, or wait till i croak. Dean

GoranWC51

Very nice truck! I also think that it is a European return, probably Norwegian. Just a side note: The markings above the wheels: "TP 35" or "T.P. 35" are post war additions. The allies didn't use those markings until after the war. My Febr 12 1945 Dodge WC51 (Ex Norway) was marked "Max T.P. 35 lbs" on the dashboard just above the glove box. Some restorers tend to make stencils for every single marking ever applied to a military vehicle. Sometimes less is more....!!fvpnYQCHU~$(KGrHqIOKnEEz2T,)jLGBNDheM()-w~~_21.JPG

My Dodge has already been promised to my son Sebastian (13 y.o.)

These WC Dodges are great to drive, and they are attract a lot of attention.

Goran N

boondocker1943

Thanks GoranWC51 for the info about the tp 35 stencil, I am still learning, this is my first MV. The truck is from overseas, I think the paperwork said it was shipped from Greece, I'll have to go back and look it up as I should know this information. I just got it registered and have been driving it around the neighborhood when I get the chance, it's still a little to cold here in New England to go for long drives. Dean

FrankUSMC

Dean, if your truck was a return from Greece, it has come along way in looks. The returns from Greece looked like they were repainted each year with a broom and a lot of paint. The bad, they looked nasty, the good it protected the sheet metal very well. The Greece returns where the last time I saw a large amount of WWII vehicles come into the States at the same time. After the that, I would see them just come in in very small batches of one or two vehicles at a time. A WC51 went for $1800.00. As for the TP tire markings, I have seen them on several WWII vehicles that had never been repainted, but, they could have been put on after WWII. Goran, I had a 1941 WC21 that had "TP-35" painted on the rims! In all my years, that was the only time I have ever seen that. One of the few, Frank USMC RET

boondocker1943

Yes the truck did come from Greece in 1990. Here are some pix of my truck before the person I bought it from restored it. It looks rough, but she's a keeper now. DeanP2050212.jpgP2050213.jpgP2050214.jpgP2050215.jpgP2050216.jpgP2050217.jpgP2050218.jpg

FrankUSMC

Dean, YES, that is the paint job!! At that time, Greece had released WWII jeeps, Dodges, and scout cars, all with the same "layered" paint job. One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks