• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My (NEW)85 m1009

Hulkdeisel

Thought I'd post some pics of my 85 09 I got in Aug. Paid $3k!! I drive it daily w 46k now. I took the 6" lift down to 2.5", new 31's, rear window regulator, belts, hoses, new Flowmasters etc. Put console, AM/FM, rear rubber & floor mats & rear tint. Runs very well w NO issues. Already did GP resistor elimination & doghead next up. AC coming in spring and new window seals.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bighorn

You got a good deal on that rig.
I paid a lot more and mine has more miles.
Looks nice.
I like the ice chest.. i mean center console too.

Bighorn

Big horn I do have one of them GM center consoles. And you know I like to trade.
I can't get over how hilarious it is to see your avatar!
"When the Marines need parts.. they call him".

Seriously, the previous owner installed an ammo box between the front seats of my M1009.
Sorry, but it was one of the first things I took out because it shook like a leaf all the way back from Oregon.
Tempting to get one but I am worried it will attract the wrong kind of attention since for 7 months of the year my vehicles are parked in a lot at the end of the plowed road.
I sucks but I have to even take all the tools out of them to prevent theft.
It is rare here in Wyoming since everyone is armed, but it has happened.
Usually to those with out of state plates.
I don't even lock my doors in the hopes they just open the door and see there is nothing and don't break my window to find out there is nothing.
So I will have to pass on the console, but Thanks!

Hulkdeisel

Yes.. I almost hooked up the blue soft glow lights around the cup holder but then it would lose its testosterone and I'd have to add estrogen at every fill up!! It holds my pistol & stuff just fine...:D:swbradley1:

Bighorn

It looks really nice in there.
Some of the early 70's K5 consoles had square holes for a pack of cigarettes I guess, but no cup holders.
The 80's K5 consoles crack easily around the hinges but usually stay together well enough.
But what you have there looks like a quality piece.
I have console envy..

Bighorn

My 84 K5 had that one in it.
I like the "no seat" stencil.
They are nice for holding your bee.. uh coffee.
Seriously, had a local pull up in a newer truck to ask me if I had seen any elk.
My M1009 idling away next to this newer ford duramax Cummins whatchmacallit shiny thing.
The dude casually opens the center console of the truck, I swear it sounds like he's digging in an ice chest, then he cracks a Coors light.
Like, how do you know I am cool with that?
Whatever.
I am not paid by the police.
Just don't kill anybody.
Everytime I think about center consoles now I will imagine them all packed with beer on ice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks