• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new charriot has arrived!

BlueToes

from the looks of things, I need a key (crowbar) to get into the cab and see just what it is, and the year. Runs and goes, no brakes. Guy I got it from said it needed brake work, laughed when i saw the brake lines hanging. Not so funny to see all the goo runnin down the tire.

Attachments

BlueToes

yes it is, was out on the beach in town for many years, city had proposed a beach clean up project. they were takeing bids on removeing it from "scenic tourist area". I wrote down my proposal. "I will take the whole thing free of charge!". I was the winner! friend in the area with michigan log loader picked it up like a dog with a bone, and drove down the highway for two miles to awaiting lowboy, and brough it home for me. found website that spoke of them being for snow and tundra use. supposedly not too successfull though. a guy came up from the states on vacation and when he could'nt find it on the beach, the city told him i got it. he came to my house to see it, and had a pic of it on line with others, and some military folks standing around it in the snow. have not seen any pics since yet. plan on shortening it up so i can walk between the front and rear tires. after i inspect the pumpkins fer sand of course. wheels rolled over, and front end turned when we shoved it around in my yard.

BlueToes

Heres a few more pics of the 156 footer.

Attachments

BlueToes

ah, the ship.....well.....i thought i could clean up a lot and fix a few things and make it viable for use the the commercial fishing world again. got two gensets running, the big cat makes power as well. got air compressors on line and got the main engine ( cleveland 278A) , then i advertised it for a while. even tried ebay once. then the scrap iron prices went way up and a herd of snake-oil salesmen worked up some swell #'s. Best offer was 100k, but finding a place they could chop it up proved too difficult. and then the price of scrap started falling....now its free to anyplace/one who will take it away from harbor for good! and the city unofficially said the bill for my parking will probably dissapear... parking fees have gotten to the 80-90k range now.....legendary debt. on the bright side, I'll never ever do anything like "that" again....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In seeing where you live, that G506 Chevy might have been a leftover from the construction of the Alaskan Highway in the 1940s. I wouldn't be surprised....

BlueToes

Here is my cucv sun day over the edge! At the end of east road, goin down the switchback to the beach at the head of kachemak bay. Notice the wife with hand over eyes....stayed that way till the bottom of the bluff! I took pics on the way down, and got her to take a few on the way up when she was not on the cliff side. So steep that 2wd fails most of the time.

Attachments