• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new deuce and some bobbing questions

Joeinderry

First I want to say i'm a newbie and I love the SS website.
Just picked up a deuce. Never thought about one until I saw it on Craigslist. It is a turbo diesel whistler (sounds awesome), 12,800 miles, extremely clean, and is a joy to drive (over 200 miles so far and have only had it for 6 days.) Anyway it came with a set of front deuce springs, 4 brand new tires Michelin X 395/85 R20 XZL mounted on what I am told are Combat rims. I was wondering if I bob this can I keep the axle in its stock location? Will the tire rub on the gas tank? Will it look to short? Should I set the axle back some and have the driveshaft lengthened? I have a dropside bed so I don't need to center the wheels under a wheel well. Do I need to put any blocks under the leaf springs or can I use them just as they are? Will it look even to the front this way? Thanks for any info. advice, and suggestions. Joe

gungearz

Welcome to steel soldiers... I wouldn't bob it. The setup you have is great. Best to bob a fixxer upper then a really nice truck in which yours sounds like it is in.

Joeinderry

Picture progress

Well I wasnt going to start this project for a couple days, but at 5:30 I took out the torches and blew out the bed bolts. By 6:30 it was off. Maybe by Sunday i'll have only 1 axle in it.

DUECE-COUPE

The rims are re-centered 900 series 5 ton combat rims. If the run flat insert was re-installed in the tire before assembly, then you can run lower tire pressures and get a VERY BIG tire foot print when running it in mud and sand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks