• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new deuce build "FIONA"

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Window looks sweet. I like the circular ends. Is that tempered glass? It gives a nice wide view.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got it. You have sophisticated equipment available to have water. Do you have a laser?

My deuce project, making it a 4x4 and not cutting the frame, is going to get a top the style/shape of HEMTT, that combines with space behind the cab. I'm not sure of the exact distance but I'll have about 26-28" space to the M105 bed, so like an extended cab or sleeper.

I'll do a front overhang like yours, maybe a bit longer and the sides will get overhang too, but the shape will not be traditional like yours.

I'm collecting parts for a major rebuild on my A3. Tranny, PTO, air bag 4 link rear with heavy Watts's link, M105 bed, large tool box, hardtop, 395's....a green iron money pit.

02smokemaker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah we have a laser cutter and etcher!
Sounds like a good build! Make sure you start a build thread I would love to follow it!
They're all money pits lol
But you only live once might as well enjoy it!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

yolner

Awesome fab work. I'm planning on doing something similar this summer. Do you have any ideas on how to integrate a roof rack into this type of hardtop?

yolner

Yeah that makes sense. I got stuck on bolting it on for some reason. Really no need to since it's already too heavy to take off without a crane or forklift. Might as well make it a one piece setup. Thanks

02smokemaker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys!

Right now I'm focusing on getting all the basics done!
Next project=all the axle seals......I mean all of them ugh.
I'm not sure where I'm gonna go with this but my plans are big!

yolner

Thanks guys!

Right now I'm focusing on getting all the basics done!
Next project=all the axle seals......I mean all of them ugh.
I'm not sure where I'm gonna go with this but my plans are big!
My vote is for a new bumper. Mainly because that's on my list and I'd like to see your take on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks