• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Deuce

FreightTrain

Banned
I would have it towed home with that major issue.Fluid swapping is terminal if not addressed.Check the oil and if it looks milky at all then there is a major issue somewhere.If run with water in the oil you will burn the bearings up,crank,Cam,lifters,rings blaa blaa blaa.Water does not lubricate very well.

DanMartin

:ditto:

I would spend some of the money you saved on the deal and get it hauled home for some engine work (if it were me I would see if I could get a whole fresh engine and drop it in and not bother with twiddling with the dodgy one that's in there). You'll spend a little money, but your confidence in the truck will be high once it's all done right.

Of course, that's just what I would do.

Other than the engine, it looks like a solid truck. I would plan on changing all fluids, doing a full PM on everything and probably getting some new(er) tires if they are weather checked.

You saved some money up front (which is good), now you can invest a bit more and make it a super-solid runner that you can drive down the road with confidence and safety.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks