• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new deuce

89deuce

i got a duece over the weekend it is a 89 with the diesle motor it is not the whistler has some rust ,does have heat with soft top got it for $2500 truck has 4300 miles on it i would like to get a whistler turbo trade or buy let me know how i did

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post pics or VIN numbers. Odds are great that it's not an 89. Sounds like a decent deal though!

89deuce

i have the paper work from the gov and the florida boyscouts that got it donated after the military on the gov paperwork it says 89 and on the the florida title it says 89 i have already got it registered and insured and they hav not had a problem doing it.

JDToumanian

i have the paper work from the gov and the florida boyscouts that got it donated after the military on the gov paperwork it says 89 and on the the florida title it says 89 i have already got it registered and insured and they hav not had a problem doing it.
Well, it MUST be an '89 then! Paperwork is NEVER wrong! :roll:

Last edited:

rivired

so ya basically ..on this site..nobody cares about anybody's new toys unless they post pic!! lol :D..so ya post em..its even easier than putting it as your avatar so u have no excuse!

monkeythumbs

When I got my first duece from GL the dash/data plate was faded blank except for the vin#. When I applied for an SF97 I left the year manufactured blank. They sent me a florida tittle saying it was a 1989 because thats when it was rebuilt. I know it was originally manufactured sometime between 1972 and 1980 , but thats what they issued to me and thats what Ohio DMV tittled it as. I bet your rebuild date was in 1989 and the same thing happened here, I believe they stopped producing M35's around 1987.

joeypushjr1

you want to know for sure what your dealing with carnac does all that stuff. just give him the vin info and he'll hook you up with the unit it origned from and year make and modle normally

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
0125 is certainly an older truck, maybe 66 or 67. The 89 tag is when the seatbelts were installed. All this points to the sprag transfer case not the air shift case.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
VERY NICE LOOKING TRUCK!

I concur with Kenny concering the date of mfg. I can't access the database until I get back across the pond. As Kenny said, your seatbelts were installed in 1989.

Once the VIN thread gets reopened in about 2 weeks, then you can post a request on there and we'll see what we can find.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks