• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new Deuce

fireman9

So I swapped my 1984 CJ-7 for this Deuce. It runs and drive ok, but has some issues as I had expected. I'm thinking about doing a bob job over the winter.
I've installed the NAPA muffler (big difference) and have turned up the fuel 2 full turns, don't worrie not too much smoke and the pryo is on order (the thing was a dog even for a deuce). I think is a "D" turbo, and Does anyone know why the inner wheel well and fender were hacked for the exhust?
What is the bracket behind the muffler for an Antenna ?

Any tips / comments let me know.

Attachments

fireman9

Well I figured that, but where did it go before? Or are all M35's life this. I never looked that close before. Seems to me it could have been done a little neater.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fender may have been hacked because it started life as a non turbo or a gasser.
:ditto:

That's why the hole was cut. I've seen several trucks this way. Some were converted gassers and some were converted non-turbo trucks.

The best I can tell from the pics your truck doesn't have gasser fenders so it must have been non-turbo originally.

Last edited:

fireman9

It's quite at idle and under light throttle, but under a load or at speed (40-55 mph) the turbo has the nicest sound and you really can hear it spool up and down well. I was planning on using it as a work truck so the nosie level had to come down a notch. With the muffler on the truck the next loudest offender is the engine fan. Has anyone found a cluch fan or tried an electric fan? I'm sure it would free up some more horsepower too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks