• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New HMMWV

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only way you will know is buy a cup or pint of each color paint, and paint a piece of scrap steel with you camo design

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rapco has all the various paints they sell with images of what the paint actually looks like when painted on something, though actual colors might be different due to your screen calibration.

(their website isn't the best, so this page usually has to either be found through a google search, or knowing where to look in the index)

01GRANDER

Rapco has all the various paints they sell with images of what the paint actually looks like when painted on something, though actual colors might be different due to your screen calibration.

(their website isn't the best, so this page usually has to either be found through a google search, or knowing where to look in the index)
Yeah, I've seen those but its just really hard to tell. I have viewed each on my phone and a calibrated computer but its hard to visualize and I have seen variations of shades that seem a little too drastic to just be lighting differences. I like the idea of gray with my black doors and bumper/hood grill but I can't tell if lusterless gray would be the best one for me. I may just end up having to buy spray cans of each and test it out.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I've seen those but its just really hard to tell. I have viewed each on my phone and a calibrated computer but its hard to visualize and I have seen variations of shades that seem a little too drastic to just be lighting differences. I like the idea of gray with my black doors and bumper/hood grill but I can't tell if lusterless gray would be the best one for me. I may just end up having to buy spray cans of each and test it out.
There is no substitute for seeing it in real life.

01GRANDER

The only way you will know is buy a cup or pint of each color paint, and paint a piece of scrap steel with you camo design
I probably will, I mainly just want either a gray, dark blue or khaki with back accents with the bumpers/mirrors/doors/grill. I think it will look pretty nice, I just have to find the right one.

Not sure if I'm the only one but I feel odd driving with camo, I didn't serve and it just.....seems like I'm misrepresenting although not at all trying to imply that for anyone else, just my feeling. All of my family served but I had a medical issue so...

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I probably will, I mainly just want either a gray, dark blue or khaki with back accents with the bumpers/mirrors/doors/grill. I think it will look pretty nice, I just have to find the right one.

Not sure if I'm the only one but I feel odd driving with camo, I didn't serve and it just.....seems like I'm misrepresenting although not at all trying to imply that for anyone else, just my feeling. All of my family served but I had a medical issue so...
I make no apologies for driving my Camo slantback whenever and wherever I want. If our government sells them painted this way to the public, why would I feel "odd"?

Sorry you got a medical issue, but drive your rig proudly.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Could be worse, I was in the Army and my truck came from the Marines. I keep having very mixed signals as to what to actually do with it.

papakb

I was in the Navy and don't feel uncomfortable at all driving a woodland camo HMMWV ambulance around. I tekk people that most gray things are too big to collect!

Its not like you're driving a snow camo truck around Aspen in the winter. Here in California very few people are going to run into a moving bush on the highway. LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks