• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

goldneagle

I got the tank made! Still need to sand it and make some nice backer for it. (like a plaque) I made a triple stack of it, so I have 3 copies of it.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I had an idea about how i can raise some money for the nurse that is battling cancer a 2nd time. I am thinking of directly raffling off a scroll art of an Abrams A1 tank. I purchased the plans for it on-line and it is 17 inches by 5-1/2 inches tall approx. I'll make it out of Poplar. Here is a picture of the template: I could use some help setting up the raffle....

Dont know how I could help set up the raffle from Germany, but if I can, will help.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dont know how I could help set up the raffle from Germany, but if I can, will help.
I just found another idea. I sent email to their helpdesk asking questions not answered in their FYI pages.

Also found that " Due to New Jersey state law, online raffles from users in New Jersey are prohibited."
That isn't a problem for the three of us looking at the possibilities, but worth mentioning.

goldneagle

I got the plaque board fabricated today. Now I just need to paint or stain the background. I'm thinking of NATO Green or Olive Drab. What do you like? (These are 2 different ones. One is light color and the other is a bit greenish wood) I am hoping to be able to raffle both of them.

Attachments

goldneagle

It looks like interest in this thread has fizzled out. Unless I get some exposure with the general audience, there is not enough demand for a raffle. If anyone is interested in the Abrams plaque let me know. I have about 4 hours and $10 in materials. I will still donate whatever money I make on these plaques.

goldneagle

I like it!
Somehow finished wood just looks really good - Better than Paint.
Ye I really like how the colors of the different wood POP when I apply the clear coat. All the colors of the Indian motorcycle are natural wood colors. There are no colors added by staining. The wood species I used on it are: White Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Padauk, Purple Heart, and Pine dowels.