• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New Investment.... A firetruck!

66Reo6X6

Happy New Year to All.

Just picked up a 1954 Reo M44 503B Firefighter last Friday. The truck is in very good condition but is missing a few things that I hope to be able to replace at some time.

The truck has a multi-fuel diesel engine that I didn't expect. Thought these came with gasoline engines.

Am looking for any information I can find to maintain and restore this truck.

Will post more pictures later, I know how much you guys like pictures!

Attachments

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, congratulations!!! It's nice to see one in such good, complete condition!! Nice score!

Happy New Year!

jasonjc

You will want to get TM 5-4210-213-** for the 530B.
Looking in TM5-4210-213-12 (1968)the siren is a Sireno Signal Manufacturing Company model UAL with flasher light. The light on top is a Federal Sign and Signal Corporation model 17MS. Hope this helps.

zout

Wow - sure do not get what you mean by you want to sink money in it to restore it - it looks great the way she is - maybe spend some time on the pumping equip for full function & operable - but after that maybe just some minor touch up.

I need something like that when I BBQ or cook in the house - never know what I will do.

DeucesWild11

Mine used to be a firetruck as well.. seems like there are a few of us on here that have them or have bobbed versions that used to be firetrucks.. Congrats on the purchase.. Don't forget to drain the fuel filters, I took about 1/2 cup of water out of the primary and about another cup out of the secondary and final.. especially since they are firetrucks they haven't gotten the use as the regular deuces.. Mine has only 1,300 miles on her.. again good luck with her..:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks