• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M-37..... Finally

skytroop232

I found this M-37 over a year ago and finally I have paid for it and going to get it next Tuesday. It is extremely solid and all the pieces parts seem to be there.

Here are a few pictures, I will give an update after I pick it up.

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! It looks like you got a good solid truck there!

I did notice that the distributor vent tubes have been disconnected from the carburetor u-pipe. You might want to reconnect those (make sure they are not plugged first) before you run the engine/drive the truck. If you don't, you risk overheating the coil and killing it. It is expensive to replace and and a PITA to fix.

Just a suggestion.

Enjoy your new truck!

Storm 51

skytroop232

Recovery completed, fairly uneventful. Thanks to Steve Bank and my daughter Ann for all their help. Got it home and proceeded to clean out the cab. Lots of old dirt and grunge, plus one mouse. All cleaned out and no rust!
then cleaned all the nesting material out of the engine compartment, anti-freeze was good and oil looked good too.

Next comes dropping the gas tank, empty then boiled and sealed. Then,then, then........
Pictures tomorrow.

Bob

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the "then, then, then," part that gets you into the body off, frame up restoration. Got to be very careful whenever you get to the "then, then, then," on any list.

Ask me how I know.....

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks