• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1008

kweb434

Got my M1008 home and have been driving it for a week now, I love it!!! The truck seems to run good and I would like to lift it and put 37" tires on it. The 37" military tires are going for 350.00 a set with 85% plus tread left. Any ideas on this.
Well I caught the bug!! I placed a bid on a M101A3 at Ft. Meade an won it. GL told me that being new to GL it may take 90 days before I can pick up the trailer. Is this normal?:?::???:

Milbikes

I won my bid on an M101A2 on 11-11-2010, and received the notice to pick it up on 1-04-2011, so just a rough estimate for my wait is about 50 days.

Hoolio

Before you get carried away with the "toys"...Change out that pesky starter relay in the dashboard..Before I was able to disconnect the batteries , the starter had turned it's last turn from that.. My truck started and the starter stayed engaged and turning..Shut off the key and it was still cranking...OMG... I ran for the usual wrenches to disconnect the batteries just to find the bigger 9/16" nuts instead of the usual 1/2" nuts.. After another chase , I finally got the battery cables disconnected..The starter was smoked....I had it rebuilt for a spare and found a "China Boy " high speed starter for it..So far it has worked OK..But I still have the Delco for a back-up..Another problem you will probably run into is the fuel filter housing will leak down overnight and cause a start then stall...Crank for a while, and it will eventually pump up enough fuel to start and run.. I changed it out for a spin on type fuel filter and housing from NAPA..Have had no fuel issues since....ALSO, run a fuel lubricant/conditioner in the fuel...Those Stanadyne pumps aren't current fuel friendly..They require an extra lubricant..Winter I use Stanadyne fuel additive...Summer I run about 4 to 5 ounces of 2 cycle oil with each fill up..Without the additives , expect the injector pumps to fail at about 30,000 miles or less..MY Chevy M1028A1 had 2486 miles on it when I bought it a year and a half ago..I've done a lot of work to it since , but now it's getting better with all the stuff I've replaced or repaired...Still beats a new truck payment..My last 2 new trucks were disasters...Absolute junk..'98 Ram and a '05 Silverado..