• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009 CUCV

swatmedic

Just got this baby home. No rust in fantastic shape. 1984 64,000 miles. Can't wait to restore it...

Attachments

SPCWarning

Welcome!

That's one clean looking truck you got there. Congrats! Looks like it was taken care of. Yeah, like E Dr.P said, what restoration plans ya got for it? Looks nice just like it is.

swatmedic

Mainly going to replace worn interior stuff, dash, door panels, paint, and window gaskets/rubber. Engine and trans are in great shape. There is a small leak from one of the oil cooler lines, going to replace it. To be honest not much more to do to it.

swatmedic

Engine

A pic of the engine compartment of my CUCV. It's pretty clean and looks like it has a new starter. Don't know a whole lot about the 24v/12v system and am learning. Does this engine look like it's been converted to 12 volt?

Attachments

Last edited:

JSF01

Little hard to tell from the photo for sure but I am pretty sure it has not been converted, The resister is still thre in the back with wires running to and from it so Im 99.999% sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks