• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009!

Trying this post for the 3rd time (dang dial up!!!!). After months of researching, here, I finally 'took the plunge' and purchased thru a private seller, my first MV! It's a 1984 Chevy M1009 CUCV. New tires on it already, new gas tank, new fender well. Little or no rust, runs like a champ, everything else works! Had to get her repainted, tho..the camo job on it looked like Private snuffie did it with a can of paint, a brush, and a roller at the end of a long road march without hitting the wash rack! I picked MAACO, who also did the window seals, all for about 1100 bucks. The truck cost me just a shade under 3000, so I'm pretty happy! I wasn't happy that they painted over the blackout lights and number 'paddle' on the front, but a little paint thinner will eliminate that issue, and I just switched the numbers so it's all good.

Now all I need is an antenna for my AS3900 base that I acquired, (would like a radio but can't afford one yet), a jerry can holder for the rear, and a couple of other bits, and she'll be 'good to go'! I'm going to stencil it up for a USMC vehicle circa 1989 or so, I'm thinkin.

Let me know what you think!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks