• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009!

blackhueys

Well just bought my new cucv about an hour ago. Going to be picking it up in about 30 days when I get bac from Iraq. Paid 3500 for her I think it was fair what about you all? Still has the rubber flooring in it! Tires are good all the way around. Did not see any rust on the rear qtrs or anywhere else for that matter yippy! Now when I get back I am going to have to go out to our maintanance building and see whats out there for old parts already got the ok from the chief. Here is a pic. Yes that one tire is going to be getting flpped around! and yes the hood closes all the way as well.

Attachments

blackhueys

I think I am going to leave the paint like it is not sure though we have a full CARC paint shop and the painter there has been painting for years. He is trained on digital camo like the uniforms as well maybe I will do a digital paint job wont cost more then the materials and my time.

bikeboy

Hope you have a safe trip back! Looks like a nice truck, you should be very happy with it, I love mine. Welcome to the madness of owning a CUCV lol.... :beer:

91W350

I like it.... get tired of it... maybe my driveway needs three! Thanks for your service, glad you are coming home. Glen

blackhueys

Here is what is on the doors I am going to leave it on. Good to here that the dealer seems to be good always get a little bit nervous when I buy without seeing something but I had a good gut feeling about this truck. Was wondering about the side windows are those stock?

Attachments

blackhueys

OK then sounds good I think that these windows are a better deal any how as I will be able to open them up by the looks of it. Any good suggested places on;line to get parts from? Also what would be needed to install HMMWV rims as I can get some for free. Over here there are some 1008 s with them on but they look like they rub some. Lots of good info on this site glad I found it. Here is another pic for you all.

Attachments

jbingvtx

OK then sounds good I think that these windows are a better deal any how as I will be able to open them up by the looks of it. Any good suggested places on;line to get parts from? Also what would be needed to install HMMWV rims as I can get some for free. Over here there are some 1008 s with them on but they look like they rub some. Lots of good info on this site glad I found it. Here is another pic for you all.
M1009 is six lug wheel, it would take some work to fit the HMMWV wheel. My understanding is the M1008 just needs a spacer in the front as it is already an 8 lug hub. Great looking rig!!

jbingvtx

has anyone ever cut out and changed the centers on the HMMWV wheel? I think they would look great on there but it seems like it would require difficult mods to fit them.

blackhueys

Oh I see thanks. Yes I have heard of people cutting out the middle and rewelding it back in flipping it around etc. Does Anybody know where I can get a new seat cover as mine is ripped I dont want the cheap one from the parts store but an actual factory cover where you use the hogrings etc. Thanks again.:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks