• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M1009

ldschmidt29

with the lower horsepower in the 6.2 i wonder if the gearing was changed from the stock 3.08? if they havent dont be shocked if its seems a bit underpowered with those larger tires.

nice rig. I love the 1009. I drive one as a daily driver and will not have anything else.
Nope still has stock gears, that will be getting changed!

Hogg

Yes, its completely removable. Pull two bolts and unhook the wiring and its off. He built his in his shop from scrap... Prob doesnt have $20 in material and a couple hours labor in it. It works great and looks good too... Only drawback might be that it sticks out a little bit when crossing deep trenches or creeks with steep enbankments. He has a 6" lift and the 37" boggers that help him with clearance issues

ldschmidt29

Well I picked up me M1009 Last night! Register it Monday and Ill be on the road! It has One forward blinker out, no working horn and steering is a little loose...I already have some work to do. The bottom needs some POR-15 pretty bad so that is on the list too. Here are some pics...