• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new M1394 offroad vehicle

surfdog

Bought a 1987 Case military m1394 tractor yesterday at local auction. Great shape with only about 500 hours.

Also bought a military welding/air compressor trailer.

Need a manual for the tractor - if anyone has one please PM me.

Attachments

LuckyDog

Don't have a manual but...

The left side tire is mounted wrong. Directional Tread. Should point the same direction as the right side tire. (Right and left as viewed from sitting on the seat)

If you can find the CASE model number, the case website has a lot of information. (I found a parts book for my 150 Case 210)

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a manual for my 1290 Case (David Brown) which includes your model - not for sale as I need it, but if you need any info I'd be happy to scan and forward any pages / sections you need 'till you get your own. Have parts, operators and maintenance manuals. Go to the local IH/CASE dealer or online.

Won't include front hyd pump (I think that's a military option).

Tire direction - may have been done for side slung mower though doubt it - you'll certainly ought to switch it for standard use.

Drawbar is missing too. We have a tractor scrappie near by, I could ask but not sure on shipping [Just noticed where you are!!! Duh - you could go see for your self - McFaddens in Sharon Springs]. Or you should be able to make any cat 2 (?) fit from similar size/hp tractor.

Last edited:

surfdog

Drawbar is missing too. We have a tractor scrappie near by, I could ask but not sure on shipping [Just noticed where you are!!! Duh - you could go see for your self - McFaddens in Sharon Springs]. Or you should be able to make any cat 2 (?) fit from similar size/hp tractor.
Was planning on going to the MacFaddens auction tomorrow but think I will pass to avoid temptation of buying anything else. I also bought a JD 401B with a Alamo Versa over the rail hydro-ax flail mower at this last auction, so right now I'm pretty set on tractors. I figure this 401B will do a heck of a job trimming back my hedge rows.

Do you think my case is the same as the civilian case 1290? I haven't been able to figure out the closest civi model to it yet.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you think my case is the same as the civilian case 1290? I haven't been able to figure out the closest civi model to it yet.
Hard to tell 'less I see it or you see a 1290. There are a few other models covered by that manual - slightly larger and also the 4x4 versions. Yours is the "newer" version of mine with the tip forward hood and higher positioned headlights (also in the manual), but looks the same for everything else.

As far as the tractor goes - I love the transmission, so versatile... 1 - 3 + R then multiply by 4 due to the double splitter box. A throw back to David Brown who were a famed gear manufacturer before they started making cars and tractors.

surfdog

I am sure it is not the same as a 1290 - my tractor is listed as 70hp (flywheel) and the 1290 has 53 PTO hp.

By horsepower and year (1987) I think the closest civi model may be the Case 1390 -- it has same engine as my M1394 (219 cid engine).

Case 1290 wt -- 5390 pounds
Case 1390 wt -- 5500 pounds
Case M1394 wt -- 5780 pounds

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks