• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M151A2 and trailer

sermis

Well I have not been on in a while.....life issues.......so to make myself feel better I got me a new toy. 1970 M151A2 and M416 trailer. The M151 has not been cut. Last ran around 1993 or sometime there after. The only rust is the front of the floor pans and front cross member. Not very bad but a little there. No major dents. Gas tank has corrosion needs cleaning. Put new filter and new batteries and it is running and driving. Will stop if I run into something lol. Motor is "surging" a little, maybe a fuel issue.

Attachments

L1A1

That looks real good. Welcome to the wonderful world of mutt ownership! If I look past my computer monitor I can see my A2 parked in the backyard. A good place (aside from here;)) for all things M151 is www.g838.org Most of the guys who post over there are also members here as well.
Matt

armytruck63

You'll love the M151A2. My dad has one and it is our favorite desert jeep. You just can't beat the independent suspension ride. It also feels safe at 55 MPH.

armytruck63

Our M151A2 was squirrelly when we first got it and it was actually scary to drive.. I pushed on one of the back wheels and it moved side to side a lot. The rear suspension bushings were worn out. After replacing them, the jeep handled MUCH better.

sermis

It's like a total new experance to me. Never worked on one before and not sure what to really expect yet.

L1A1

Not sure if the springs are weak or if it just needs shocks. Kinda soft and bouncy.
If you stand on the front bumper or in the bed of the mutt and jump up & down (once) and the vehicle continues to bounce up & down, it's the shocks that are shot.

The first G838 that I owned was an unrestored/running M151A1. I had never owned/ driven or riden in one prior to the purchase of that A1 and quite frankly, I didn't know what to expect. Boy was I surprised, compared to all of those 1/2T, 3/4T & 1.5 ton Dodges that I had owned & driven, the mutt rode like a car and was actually kind of peppy when compared to the WC51 that I sold to buy it.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks