• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M880

xjnuttier

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]Hey guys my first post, and wanted to share my new find. Love this thing.. I got it for $500 bucks from a frined, and he gave me a lot of extras. of course the truck, it has been sitting for 2 yrs, so it has its fair share of gremlins..LOL when we initially went to get it, and after a lil tinkering and a new battery and some staring fluid, it was alive amazing for a 32 year old truck, and it sounded great except for the super igh idle, LOL again to be expected afterits long siesta from useage..LOL let it run for a lil and realized that the water outlet was gone, no biggy, we tightened up a new hose clamp and slowed the leak,a nd I alreeady got the new part.. I went to engage the brake, stepped on the pedal all good, and then..LOL to the floor, LOL lost a rear hard line, again to be expected from the sit.. long stgory short we come back with trailer, load it with a lil skillful driving, and some wheel chocks once on the trailer but at my palce now. I not only got the truck, but all the bows and canvas for the rear cover. I got an extra transfer case with PTO included, and also the plow, which is coming off, no need for me, I will use the money to put back into the truck from sale of plow..LOL here are the pics, hope this works..

Attachments

xjnuttier

Looks pretty good. Hows the cab rust? M880s are cool
Really amazing enough it sems like the rust is too a minimal, especially being a vehicle from here in the salt belt and sitting in a field.. LOL but the floors seem great so far, the rockers need to be replaced, got a new welder 2 yrs ago, so I am set there, and the lower corneres of the doors have alil starting in the corners, overall fairly decent, LOL for 500 bucks, it is real solid..LOL thanks for the comps..:-D

xjnuttier

Update, got home a lil late last night, and did a few small things to the beast. the bed was half full of mulch, and even had 2 3' oak trees growing in her, I was expecting a fully rotted bed, but no. amazing the bed is very solid. I had noticed though the coats, yes i meant to make it plural would have alot to do with it. LOL you can almost feel how thick the paint is in her. I tried the headlights and brake lights, and neither, but LOL no surprise, on Wednesday when we were picking her up and bringing her home. I opened the drivers door, and was pumping the gas, and there was a nice size mouse came down from the dash and scurried under the seat..LOL so I assume without looking yet, they enjoed my wires for lunch..lOL I pretty much expect to rewire the dash, and p[robally more. I have no worries and it is my project so I am not pressed for time on this one, which is the first time in my life for a car project. I did throw the old mice cake ion her last night o take care of my furry friends appetite..LOL I also pulled the canopy out last night,a nd it seems to be in very good condition, a few repairs to be expected on a 32 year old truck.. The next project for her is to give her a good pressure wash, and degreasing, and take the plow and all that goes with it off. I did also notice I have the origional army grille badge still attached behind the grill, I thought that wqs really cool,a nd all the tags and paint marking still seem to be in great shape. I will keep you posted and get some more pics as the progress moves forward..

xjnuttier

Good deal for $500.... you will get most of that back when selling the plow.
LOL, you got it, I am gettin the plow off and proceeds go right back to ole green restore project..LOL definately excited about having it, and can't wait to get her road worthy...

Blythewoodjoe

If you're not familiar with the military light switch, you may have to put it into the driving lights position before the truck lights will work. I didn't have any lights except the head lights until I put the military switch back in and switch it to driving lights. Anyway you should try that before you do a lot of trouble shooting. My truck did all kinds of crazy stuff and while trouble shooting I unpluged a lot of stuff and after I hooked it all up again, it worked. There are a lot of weak connections on these old Dodges.

Good luck,
Joe

xjnuttier

If you're not familiar with the military light switch, you may have to put it into the driving lights position before the truck lights will work. I didn't have any lights except the head lights until I put the military switch back in and switch it to driving lights. Anyway you should try that before you do a lot of trouble shooting. My truck did all kinds of crazy stuff and while trouble shooting I unpluged a lot of stuff and after I hooked it all up again, it worked. There are a lot of weak connections on these old Dodges.

Good luck,
Joe
You know, I was sitting there in the bathroom this morning looking out the window, and it lit up like a light bulb to me as well. LOL but I know his boys did that to him one time, he told me the story. I will check it out, and I appreciate all the pointers, any others kep them coming thing sto look for and so on. Which manual on here do you download for the m880? I was looking under the hood last night ,and honestly it needs a few thing sin the wiring end. honestly I am surprised it even runs, by looking at the starter relay and the corrosion on it, not to mention all the corrosion on the wires, including the AMP wire..

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-266-10 and T 9-2320-266-20 but I don't think either are on here. Something about not being realeased for the public and those digital copies out there have copyrights.

xjnuttier

TM 9-2320-266-10 and T 9-2320-266-20 but I don't think either are on here. Something about not being realeased for the public and those digital copies out there have copyrights.
AH ha that explains it, where does one acquire a copy of these? LOL I have a service manual for everything I own, LOL I practically have a library for Jeep..LOL and all the motorcycles and quads I have owned over the years.. LOL

xjnuttier

A lil update, I got a chance to work on the old M**) this weeknd, and very happy with all I found. I removed the plow and all the framework that it entailed, and it came off easiely. what a relief. I gave her a good long needed pressure wash, and degreasing, and it really seems like the truck is very solid. LOL after I washed years of oil and dirt off the engine, the origional mopar blue paint was there. The wores ont he truck are really britle to say the least. I am facing the idea of just starting to replace the wires from front to rear. Have any of you guys went this route?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks