• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M882 fire truck

Milbikes

Well, I out-bid myself....went over my limit.....and now I have a new old truck. Recovery with a come-along is getting old. When I got there, i jumped it, and it actually started! Sounds like a lifter or two ticking. Then it quit and wouldn't stay running when started. The fuel coming out of the accelerator pump looked like yellow light oil. So I had to winch it up with a come-along. I am getting too old for that! But the truck has no rust holes anywhere, floors, rockers, fender wells and bed are all solid. After I put in a new battery and tuneup, my first order of business is to get rid of the monster bumpers. Hopefully I'll be able to trade them for stock ones. As I look at the truck, it starts to grow on me. Fingers crossed for an easy revival. mt1s.jpgmt2s.jpgmt3s.jpgmt4s.jpg

Milbikes

Question...are those triangular brackets welded to the rear of the bed original military, or are they something the FD added? They look smaller than the shelter hold-downs. H.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have been bidding against you were it not for my pending move to Korea. Looked like a nice truck! Looking forward to the restore thread.

nattieleather

Just a couple of things. First off nice truck. The dodges don't seem to hold up to well after the forest service is done with them. Second is that a winch on the front? If it is are you going to keep it on the truck? Or even better if you decide to take it off the truck mount it to your trailer and then you wont have to use the come along any more. Just winch those bad boys up there. :D

Lonesome715

Just wondering, what makes in a M882? How is that different from a M880? The truck looks like it sits taller than stock. Has it been lifted?

Milbikes

Unfortunately they took the winch out before they auctioned it. The data plate on the dash lists it as an M882. Maybe the front sits lower due to the weight of that monster bumper?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brackets on back are Not military.
M882 is a radio truck w/28v generator, looks like the bed has been changed, the M882 had 3 antenna mount locations on the bed, and clips on the the inside of the bed for the antenna wires.
Looks standard ride height to me.
I may have a NOS front bumper, NOS backs are extinct, good used backs are rare.

Milbikes

It has sheet metal clips on the inside of the bed. I'll look closer to see if anything indicates antenna mounts were on the outside once, and removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks