• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M923A2

Alexsha

Thanks to 98G, I'm now the proud owner of a 1990 M923A2. Sadly I need to wait till Monday to get it registered and insured.

FB_IMG_1404421017506.jpg

Last edited:

wsucougarx

Great looking truck!! Just saw where you live, just dropped $1600 on a VP44 and 70hp injectors for my '01 Dodge Cummins from Diesel Auto Power in Layton, UT.

Alexsha

I need to find a cargo cover and troop seats.

Mechanically, the truck is about perfect. The only issues are cosmetic or just annoyances.

1. Passenger window is cracked.
  2. Driver and passenger window scissor lifts need adjustment.
  3. Fix window seals.
  4. Soft top front needs repair.
  5. Driver side front side marker and bo light need wiring fix.
  6. Need spare tire.
  7. Need chain hoist for spare.
  8. Missing davit extension.
  9. Speed sensor causes abs light to stay on.
  10. At idle CTIS system slowly deflates one rear tire.
  11. CTIS system blinks while driving, but still works... Gremlins.
  12. Notification lights above steering wheel not working. Check bulbs.
  13. Tighten down various screw's and bolts.

That's about it for repairs/replacements.

Improvements to do:
Locking fuel cap
Lighted license plate bracket
Clean 75% of Arizona sands out of the cab.

FloridaAKM

Great looking truck, now you get to spend quality time with her doing the PM's after reading up thru all the TMs. Let us know how the insurance & titling does in Arizona. My original title came from GL in Arizona!

Last edited:

Alexsha

Great looking truck, now you get to spend quality time with her doing the PM's after reading up thru all the TMs. Let us know how the insurance & titling does in Arizona. My original title came from GL in Arizona!
Truck came from AZ, hence the sand. It's in Utah now. I will desolately post on the title and insurance though. I'm hopefully going with farm bureau for insurance and titling as a special interest vehicle.

FloridaAKM

I forgot, Welcome from Florida! Sorry!

When I went to get my tag title & insurance; it was a breeze. The only thing they all really wanted was deeper in my wallet, not the people doing the work, just the system. The DVM here in North Florida does a good job of helping you thru the system.

Don't forget to take pictures & post them on here for all of us to critique (or drool over)!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks