• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new mkt-85 trailer

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vinyl travel covers are difficult to find, and the nylon ones fall apart in the sunlight. I've seen them up for bid in the usual places (not always described correctly) and they are not cheap, but much better than what the OEM wants for a set.

I finally got my trailer home, and so far it has two sets of shelving in it, 12 feet long, two feet deep and seven feet high, loaded with canvas, screens and vinyl. But, the living room, dining room, the one bedroom upstairs that has pieces in it, the den and the garage are cleared of the above items. I still need to finish the foundations for the trailer frame - already poured the footings - and make the columns to support the frame and level the trailer. Then I can add the final 12 feet of shelving (six on each side) and move the rest of the parts in. Big stuff will go in the center aisle (immersion heaters, spare MBU's, CAMBRO's, etc.).

I hope Drew (patracey) can make sense from the copy of the MKT thumb drive he copied at ZOUT's cookout and get some of it posted.

Mike,
So your opinion is that the vinyl covers hold up the best. That nylon covers on the trailer I just picked up seem really durable.
What kind of trailer are you talking about? Post some pics of it, if you could? Thanks.

John

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
John,
The trailer i got home is a commercial 20 foot KIDRON 84 box on a trailer frame. It has been painted OD (it was weathered aluminum) with a rollup door on the back and a fiberglass roof.

The vinyl carry covers, roof canopies and sidewalls are much better, not only IMHO, but also the military thinks so, because they are throwing out the canvas and nylon stuff. To extend the life of the nylon covers, store the MKT indoors or purchase one of the 'relatively cheap' 18 x 24 foot tarps and cover the whole thing when in storage. The ones I got from GLOBAL Supply were $37 plus S&H. I use them over my vinyl carry covers when the MKT is in storage. It might be overkill, or simply being prudent. YMMV.

rwbrown72

That is a really nice unti! WOW... Congratulations. I agree that we need an MKT section. There is a lot to learn and there are a lot of really great ideas out there for alternatives and conversions. I'm finally able to use mine effectively, but I still need practice. Only one way to do that! Look out possums!

:evil:

M1031CMT

UNREAL!!! That is the most complete one from GL I have ever seen! You hit the Motha load!! Enjoy!!
If it is, then I guess I shouldn't post the pictures of the second MKT when we got it. Most of the equipment inside was still in the original packaging including all new wiring for the stoves and a new in the box power inverter (with the still working original inverter in there as well). Brand new exterior travel covers as well. Looks like it was in the middle of being fixed up when they sent it out to auction.

You can really find gold in these things some times.

But he did score with a lot of gear in this one. Wish our first unit looked this good.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim,
Your pictures look great. After bending over in the back of the deuce to get at supplies, I think you will appreciate the concept of using a shop van as a pantry.

TKRESS1

Event

We did the event on Saturday for the local fire department Yes as far as getting into and out of the truck it is a pain for me but we had alot of little helpers.

Tim,
Whenever you do an event like that, any help is useful. Without the help I received at the Sussex Show I could not have done it. Nice job on that event, most definetly a good cause. Nice to see the MKT's being used for a useful purpose.

John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks