• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New "old" CUCV

10thMtn

IT came , it all worked out !! What a BLAST from the PAST, being behind the wheel of the CUC - V .

Please see the VIDEO, runs strong !! http://youtu.be/Z18GnnmE3t4

Only problem I have now is shutting the old girl off. I believe the FUEL SOLENOID ? is hanging up ? Anyone have any suggestions here ? I take the key out of the ignition she may shut of in 5 seconds , she may go up to 1 Minute.. ????/

I am also in need of the complete radio rack for behind the passenger seat, I have alot of radios I would like to put in this this. Any one help there ?

It is a big hit in the parking lot at work.... what fun...... good memories of good times in that old truck

Matt65

Good looking truck.

I would want to have a back up plan ready until the shutdown issue can be fixed. Maybe it needs work on the injection pump shutoff.

10thMtn

Good looking truck.

I would want to have a back up plan ready until the shutdown issue can be fixed. Maybe it needs work on the injection pump shutoff.

Like Pinch off the fuel line where it enters the injection pump ?

Am I correct by saying there is a solenoid inside this injection pump?

Will addative help lubricate this mechinism?

I suspect the coil is getting weak or there is not enough lubrication getting to this piston or ? whatever it is ?

Matt65

Like Pinch off the fuel line where it enters the injection pump ?

Yes -
TM 9-2320-289-20
2-47

31. WILL NOT SHUT OFF USING KEY
NOTE
Ground wire for ignition switch goes to top of parking brake bracket. If
ground wire is broke, engine will not shut off if light switch is on.​
Step 1. With engine at idle, pinch flexible part of the fuel return line at fuel injector pump to​
stop engine. Notify your supervisor.