• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new to me 1971 deuce

Just beat it out and paint to match.
For most of us, having the green fever means doing it yourself where possible but for some of us, doing that requires 3 equally imprtant parts. The skill to do it, the tools to do it, and the motivation to do it.
Some guys have 1, some guys have 2 but you gotta have all 3 to make it happen. From what I see, a dolly block and an ball peen or a body hammer set are a good start, and even if it doesn't come out perfect, It'll prolly look better than it did when you started, so to quote Stacey David, "Now get out there and work on somethin!". Good luck! :driver:

BTW, Are ys gonna stay 6X6 with that thang, or are ya plannin to bob it for the sake of fuel efficiency and drivability? There's pros and cons each way and I repect the reasoning for both. If you eventually plan to bob it, I have some much-thought-out advise.

Last edited:

surplus mike

no bobbing. and i could fix it but would rather just bolt a nice one on there. infact i will try and straighten it out if i dont find another one soon. right now my main concern is maintenance. i would rather know what i have rather than a pretty truck. lol , thanks guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks