• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my new to me ford gpw

macibell111

Well I pulled the trigger and offered a friend of mine what I thought was a fair price on a 1943 Ford gpw he has owned it since 1969 it has been garaged and well-kept since he has owned it he was in Vietnam a door gunner to be exact on a Huey helicopter. He is taken reasonable care of it since he has owned it he sold it once then bought it back from his father. Now it sits in the garage for the past 15 years with the transmission of it has combat Wheels original tires low miles and most of the military stuff still there except for some holes in the dash for whatever I do not know. two of the Hat channels are rusted as well as the gas tank well. He has a new clutch for it and the engine ran good before he put it in his brothers garage 15 years ago so it has been warm and dry for that length of time Other than that it has the original engine .matching numbers was rebuilt at one time so has to be started and tuned up hopefully that's all it needs. He asked me to give him a price of what I thought it was worth. By searching around these things are worth quite a bit I've seen barely running basket cases 5 - $6,000. I offered him three thousand and we settled at 3500. My goal is to get this running and painted back to original olive drab so he can see it one last time in its original Glory. I know these things are hard to find so I hope I make him proud he is a very good friend and he deserves to see this project through. So I will be asking a lot of help from you guys so be prepared . I will pick it up in the next week or two it is only 2 miles away from my house if anybody has any questions about it I will gladly answer them I will get some pictures soon

dmetalmiki

That vehicle deserves a good home, with some tlc you will soon be enjoying the hobby to the full. Good luck on the acquisition and the ongoing project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks