• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new (to me) M1010

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello everyone, just got my M1010 and its pretty neat! the paint is really faded out but it looks to be in very good condition, here are a couple of pics, the last pics are of a Brand new M1009 CARC paint job we did yesterday, cant wait to paint the M1010 and make it look new again.:)

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good looking trucks. Do you work at classic mustangs? I checked out the link in your post and am curious where they have paint stripped (chemical) in the Denver area? Think I want to do some M37 parts.

K9Vic

They are fun to drive and really turn heads on the street. I just took mine out for a drive today for lunch.

Can not wait to see it done, I am sure it will sell quickly with winter coming soon.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
stripper

Good looking trucks. Do you work at classic mustangs? I checked out the link in your post and am curious where they have paint stripped (chemical) in the Denver area? Think I want to do some M37 parts.
Thanks for the compliments, yes I own classic and performance mustangs inc. We have parts and bodies plastic media blasted at " blast tech" in englewood, Gary does a good job for us. I know of NO chemical strippers in the Denver area at all. when needed we use aircraft stripper at the shop for smaller stuff.

I dont think plastic will work with CARC though, its too hard. He may offer blasting with a starblast material, I think that would work.

Thanks Terry:driver:

trooper632

how did you do the camo pattern, i would like to do the same with a 1009, but trying to figure out the best way to get the pattern down, to you tape different paper cut out down or what

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You stand there with the numbered page printed out of the paint manual in one hand and the full paint gun in the other. No tape.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks