• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new (to me) M101A3

j10jim

Hey guys and gals,

Just got my M101A3 today from GL in Barstow. It came with bows, cover, rails and practically new tires. Will post up pics shortly. Interestingly, I did not have to do a EUC for this trailer. Am now applying for the SF97. Back soon.

j10jim

Towed just fine. Hubs were cool and really didn't even know it was there. Now deciding on if going to sell the tarp, bows and sides. Thoughts?
Thanks, Jim

Piper Cub

Looks nice! What are your plans for it? From what I've seen if you're planning on selling it, it is better to have it complete with the top and sides. If you're keeping it to use the top and sides are pretty handy to have. I use mine to store and haul bottles and cans to the junk yard, it's much easier being able to close the top and not worry about anything blowing out than to try to tie down all the light stuff inside. The top and racks are worth a bit of money if you want to get some of your investment back but keep the trailer.

truck1

Keep the top and sides. They really make the trailer multi - purpose. I love mine and have hauled everything in it. I'd leave it as is if I were you. The surge brakes are great. It is a well designed trailer. The covers are getting hard to find in good shape. Also FYI I only had a Bill of Sale and registered it in Nor Cal as a home built no problem with a visual inspection.

Last edited:

j10jim

Cool. I think I will keep all the pieces. Piper Cub, your right. It would make it easier. I want to use it as multi-purpose trailer. I have 2 pickups (one is my 1980 Jeep J10 that will be pulling this). I want to be able to take it camping without having to take the big 5th wheel. If me and my son or daughter want to camp for a few days it would be must easier to go. Will probably put a tongue box on it with a couple of small gel batteries and maybe a solar panel connection to charge them. Not sure if i will try and figure out how to build different bows that would support a Roof top Tent. Just not sure yet. Was really glad to get it.

Thanks for the input guys!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have many of the A2 trailers, one of the best trailers out there imho. After you use it a few times you will be so glad you kept everything.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M101a3

That is a fine trailer, and I don't think there is anything that can be done to improve it. I was watching those sell. I was drooling all over my keyboard, but they were too far away.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an A3 and I would have to agree, just about the best trailer out there. I ditched the HMMWV rolling stock in favor of CUCV stuff to match the truck. Bed height is much more managable and it feels more stable, even with my golf cart in the back. Gotta love that 55" beteen the inner fenders.