• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me M103 PU-619/M

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: My new to me M103

Could have come with a few different gensets but that one looks to have 2 MEP-018A gensets on it.

Alredneck

Banned

Pretty sweet take, look like new gennys or refurbished, either way good score should come in handy around the house for odds in ends!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter

That and the other one appeared to have never been used and still packed as shipped. Good deal on those units. I wish I had been closer. :(

jasonjc

OK just got it home , but its dark so no pic tonight. Here is what I have/don't have/know.
Over hauled 10/81 has not been touched. still has tape on all the opening. Rebuild tag on gens say 2hrs on one and 3** on the other. Not shure if what the meter show. They both have the 4NH battery on them dry. Those are going on the shelf. has some grounding rods not shure how many thought. One gen has the exhaust pipe the other does not. Has a bran new canvas cover, but the crate was opened had the plastic was cut so its been sitting in water for who knows how long. I'll have to spred it out and let it dry, it to will go on a shelf and i'll use a chepo trap to cover it and try to save the old canvas.
Now the bad. Here is whats missing; The front panle, all 6 fuel can mounts off the fenders, fire ex bracket (these and fuel mount were remove some time befor the acution) the fuel cans( the crate was still there but no cans) the can adapters. The manuals are there but water loged most are useable.
All in all still a great deal [thumbzup] [thumbzup]

I will get some pic tomorrow and post.

jasonjc

Here are some pic now that I have it uncrated. And some ??
Both gen sets have rebuild tag from '81 that list the hrs on the meters 1) has 002hrs on the tag 2) has369hhrs on the tag. the hrs meter now read 1)17* and 2) 5** (can remember hrs) Were did the 100+ hrs come from? If they had 002 & 369 when crated in 81 why do they have 17* & 5** hrs on them now??

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks