• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new to me M37, purchased last week!

Hal O'Peridol

Picked this up from a local FD, been sitting several years, but all there and minimal rust. Finished with my GPW project, time find something new. Currently have:

M1009
1944 GPW
1953 M37
M100 trailer
M416 trailer
M101 trailer

1athrrfront.jpg 1brightfront.jpg 1cfront.jpg 1ddriversbed.jpg 1edriversbedrear.jpg

Tuko

Just about every piece of fire apparatus made during the 70's and 80's either had one of those battery switches on them or they were added as in this case

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the 37 Hal it sure looks like its all there, apparently the batt. cutoff was added somewhere after it left the Govt. Looks like its got a whole lots of potential to be beautiful once again AND it has the winch (SWEET). I like the 37s very much neat trucks to drive very easy to work on AND the parts are a lot smaller than 5 ton parts. Great find please keep us posted on the progress
KK

Hal O'Peridol

Did some work on the truck last evening. Stopped by my friends place where I have it parked. Pulled the old dry rubber seals between the side panels and the fenders. Then I sprayed every nut and bolt on the hood, fenders and side panels I could find with PB Blaster.

The side doors to the tool area under the bed were rusted slightly open. I sprayed them and the latches wit the PB and let it sit awhile. Then I worked the door hinges back and forth carefully, and finally freed up both doors. They open and close, but still a bit stiff. BONUS! found 1 tire chain in the tool area.

I looked at the red top to see if I could take it off. I had thought that the frame for the canvas top was gone, but the red top is thoroughly pop riveted to it. So I will be drilling out a veritable ****pile of pop rivets to get it off.

Plan is to take the body panels off the front, have them straightened and blasted while I repair the brake system and have the radiator repaired and tested. I will also clean and fix anything under the hood that needs repair at the time. Crankcase shows a quart low, but black and not grayish.....

Next time I will take my camera.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks