• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New WMO Setup for the CUCV

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so I just got back into town the other day after being gone for a week. The truck sat the whole time I was gone. When I got back the truck would not start. Cranks and cranks with some white smoke, but will not fire. Went through the TM religiously, checked GP's and relay (it's warm enough that I shouldnt need them anyway), changed fuel filter, bled system, checked lines, etc. I finally replaced the fuel lifter pump. No go. Same symptoms.

I'm now highly suspicious of the fuel. I plan to siphon out the fuel and replace with straight diesel. What is in there is mostly diesel now, though. The last time I added WMO it was a 40/10 mix. It was starting hard and had a slight lack of power at take-off so I ran that down to about 1/4 tank and topped off with D2, ran it a while then parked it before going out of town.

Can diesels flood?

This is NOT good! Have you tried bleeding the injectors at the head? See if there's fuel to all rails? Keep us posted.

truckin97

on the cucv's there is a third line coming off the fuel sump that you can drain the tank with. you can see it if your under the truck it has a rubber cap on it. i've noticed that the indirect injection trucks have a little bit of trouble running oil, it likes it better if you heat the oil right after it comes out of the tank. i have a plug in 110v heater and an inline filter heater that runs off the coolant to bring the oil temps up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks