• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Newly Aquired CUCV

FatBuddhaBoo

Picked up the rear seat mounts out of a junkyard 2003 Suburban so I could swap the old, rusty original seat with a more modern seat (which also has shoulder belts integrated into it). I believe the seat was a third row seat from a Tahoe, and it is nearly identical in width to the original. Got the front mounts welded in and rear mount holes drilled. Just need some hardware now and it'll be complete.

IMAG1203.jpgIMAG1205.jpgIMAG1204.jpgIMAG1206.jpg IMAG1207.jpg

Last edited:

FatBuddhaBoo

did you pick that up in Florida im surprised it has so much rust ?
Yes, I got it in Florida. However, the previous owner never patched the holes in the roof where the police light bar was and all the seals were dry rotted, so lots of water got in. Also, he took it to the beach a lot, so lots of salt water intrusion as well. No different than salt rot up North from winter ops.

helm1008

Yes, I got it in Florida. However, the previous owner never patched the holes in the roof where the police light bar was and all the seals were dry rotted, so lots of water got in. Also, he took it to the beach a lot, so lots of salt water intrusion as well. No different than salt rot up North from winter ops.

Guess I got lucky then mine was not that rusted, yes I know all about the salt up north that's why I went to Florida. I started a build thread on mine to, take a look if ya want

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?120597-My-85-M1008-restoration-project

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks