• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My oil filter upper gasket findings

Banshee365

I've searched for hours for an aftermarket gasket that will work for the bolt/canister gasket on the oil filter cans. I changed my oil today and had the front can start pouring oil after reusing the old gasket. After the searching for hours on the forum the best I could find was "A small chain parts store guy sifted through a bunch of Dorman gaskets and found one that kinda sorta fits." I went by NAPA and had the guy look around in the back for a gasket. The I.D. is exactly 1". After a little while we came up with a gasket that works for this application. I came home, installed it, and it's dry as a bone. It's a fiber gasket with the 1" ID however, the OD is a little smaller than the bolt head flange. It still seems to seal just fine. I'll stick with this in my future oil changes. It's meant for oil drain plugs. The tight is pretty tight on the bolt but it tightens down just fine.

NAPA #: 704-1076

I hope this helps...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks