• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My radio and Vic 1 install started

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got around to starting my radio and vic-1 systems install. Thanks to JuanPrado got the taller bottom tray to fit the vic tray properly. Was putting off the installation to get the tach wired up. Didn't want to have to pull everything apart twice. RT524 and R442, Am1780 and command box 2297(not sure if I'm going to keep the command box or just go with a regular box in that position). Just the beginning, will post pics as I install the 3 other boxes and cabling along with speakers. I also have the military guys console for overhead to install, hoping to wire it to the AM1780 for music. Will be a 4 place intercom.

Attachments

papakb

Generally the command box (C2297) was used in armored vehicles so the ground guide could direct the driver when they were backing up the vehicle. The rear phone box is the only accessory that can trigger the call lamp on the 2297.

Where's the speaker for the 442 mounted?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't decided if I'm going to use the LS-454 it's supposed to go with yet or not but I am going to mount an LS-671 via the AM1780 with a CX-13292 cable to the upper windshield on the right side at the middle with rivnuts for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks