• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My recovery story. Fort Polk, LA 8-14-10

bryan70546

glad you made it back safe Paul , the truck looks great does it have the c-turbo like you wanted .Good luck with it sorry i was unable to help ya out buddy stuck offshore.:driver:

davidkroberts

nice catch on the tranny, i had a gama goat that was bad about catching like that. got to where i could knock it back into neutral in about 15 minutes.

nice truck.....

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice truck, glad you could get it runnin'. You do know that tan paint adds $500-1000 to the value - at least it seems that way on eBay.

Hauling4you

That truck was part of the 519th MP BN. I was under them for 5 years on Polk. That is how we marked all of our trucks. A high # like that for in HHD (headquarters; headquarters detachment) was more than likey used for supply or cooks transport. Thinking back to 2007 when I left that army, we only had one or two of them in HHD...

That being said, all of our trucks, for both deployments; 03-04 & 05-06; were left in Baghdad, Iraq. We brought home none of our trucks... That is not to be said one found its way home.

Dave

Reactions: NDT

AceHigh

Based on what Dave says, I bet they prepped the truck for deployment, including the new fiberglass troop seats and racks, found the tranny problem and just let it sit when the other trucks went away.

How cool is that? :jumpin:

progun

Bryan, no, It's not a whistler. Good point AceHigh. That could very well be the case. I still want to paint it green!

Hauling4you

All of our trucks were left green, well greenish (Faided, unpainted in many many years). Only trucks I every incountered painted tan were in Iraq. I'm wondering how this one wound up tan, maybe it was transfered to the 519th after being painted?

Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks