• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Restoration Progress

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been assembling the cab and forward over the winter. The parts were stripped and painted during the warm weather last year. I still need to paint the bolts as you can see in the pictures. When I did my M-715, I painted the bolts first but installing them after painting scratchen the heads. So, I'll use a small brush and do it by hand. I know its not proper but I like the bright bolts showing!

Attachments

3dAngus

That looks great. I started mine by doing the inside first and did it in CARC 383 Green replacement by Rapco. It looked GREAT at first, then I found out it was a Marine vehicle.

So I did the outside first coat in Rapco's Marine Green. Looked even better. But when I opened the door, the fresh inside just looked horrible all of a sudden.

I'm going to take off all the new decals and labels and choke and fuel lines, even the instrument panel, and completely redo everything after I finish the outside. I need to do the inside of bed, and the hood has to come off and be completely redone, as I'm not happy with the hood on refinishing. Please consider putting your beauty in the "Post your M-37 pictures here" thread as well. That's not an exact quote of the thread.

Last edited:

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cad plated all my bolts in one big lot when I did my truck last time to hopefully help make them last longer (a lot of the bolts had the DPCD logo). I planned on painting them too, but once I saw the truck with all the bolts, I decided to make a virtue out of laziness and leave them unpainted.

I kind of like the way it looks too. Here's a couple of photos from last summer. I've done more since then, but it's cold, dark, wet and rainy outside here, so I'll wait for warmer weather to take some more pictures.

Storm 51 :driver:

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

I will open a new thread for the remaining in Greece M37 and M43...
:beer:

Jim
Back in the 90's SARAFAN brought a bunch of M-37's and M-38's from there to the states. Very good condition stuff but LOTS OF PAINT!!!!! My tailgate that I ended up using was a former Greece truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks