• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My SF-97 came today - Now what?

hwcurtice

Washington State people only need reply

I bought a m101a2. Just got the SF-97 today from the post office.

What do I do next? Do I need to get the trailer inspected by WSP? Or do I just go to my local DOL and say "Gimme title! Gimme plate!"

And just in case you were wondering:

:lost:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What type of vehicle? truck or trailer?

fwiw, my sister lives in Wa.

mattg2448

Whats the worst that will happen, you have the bill of sale, the receipt, you have the sf-97, ID, and your sole owner of the vehicle specified. So by the service they offer, there is no reason that they could deny you of your title! As long as you have the proof that the truck is yours, you get a title.(It helps if the lady is nice, we got a complete *****, but still every thing went smooth sailing!) But i could be wrong.. I'm only 8 weeks into my civics class. :|

Just helping out, titling shouldn't be too off by state.

Last edited:

hwcurtice

So called the local DOL. They said all I needed was the GSA form, SF-97, and my invoice, and I was golden.

So off I went and now I have a plate for my trailer! Easy as pie!

Funny, when they pulled it up, it showed it was already titled. I'm guessing, for GL to sell it, it had to be in their name?

Whitey

I believe the numbers for trailers are lot numbers from the manufacturer, not an individual "vin", hence you get multiple people trying to register different trailers under the same number. Someone posted about it a while back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks