• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Sheriff wants a deuce for the S.O.

Maverick1701

No you do not to get one the HMMWV's are a MONEY PIT! Always some little thing is always going wrong! I know the prison that I retired from in Idaho got one, and I was put in charge of keeping it running! It was always something. First thing the ring ger lost some teeth. Next wheel seals! so on and so forth! There is also a peacking order Gov Agencys get first choice, then State Agencys, then County Agencys, then City Agencys, after that it goes to GL!

ooo noted! Ill run it by my sheriff and see what he wants to do...we dont need any money pits

AMX

[
I hope it doesnt take too long....two of our trucks (out of the 4 in our fleet) are on their last leg. We already lost one truck (that issue has since been taken care of by buying a used crown vic) and mine is starting to give us (more) issues.

We are in the running for a grant from USDA for two new trucks at a 50/50 match...but so far its been "we will hear something next week for sure!!" for the past 4 months....the state can be frustrating sometimes[/QUOTE]

If that is you on your avatar you dont need a vehicle, you should have no problem hitching a ride!:razz:

Maverick1701

One more thing....

Once Uncle Sam "gives" it to your Department, does the County have clear title, or does it have to go back to Uncle if ever disposed of? Just curious.
we get the SF97 and its titled in our name. But when we are done (if we are ever done w/it lol), we fill out a form to have it returned to them and they will come haul it off.

Im uploading pics now.

Maverick1701

pics as promised!!!

I also snapped a few pics of the vehicle lot..man I was drooling over all the cool trucks they had stored. Everything from HMMWVs to HEMTTS (sp?) to CUCVs to FMTVs.....it was HEAVEN!!!

The A3 was in GREAT shape. hard top, great canvas for cargo bed, good rubber etc.
The HMMWV has a brand spankin' new soft top, 3/4 new doors, ok rubber, and a few other new (new looking lol) parts here and there.

The first few are pictures of our HMMWV and A3 after the got home today. The last bunch are of the lot and our trip home.

At one time I was actually consuming the dried, cured flesh of lesser animals while driving a military HMMWV and following a M35A3 6x6...pure win!
What is more manly than that ?!?!! I dont know...maybe if Chuck Norris was gunning down hordes of zombies from the pass seat w/an M2?

Attachments

Last edited:

Maverick1701

pics of trip/lot...try not to wet yourself upon sight of the pretty trucks (I know I had to hold it in)

Attachments