• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My step side Bob deuce

crownjewel4

Power steering

Sorry folks, but I have been busy and I finally finished most of the truck today and just had time to put it on ebay. Here's what I ended up with.

First off, I read where Wreckerman wanted to put dual exhaust on a bob deuce and I thought that would look nice. BIG MISTAKE. I spent most of the week come up with dual exhaust and I spent way too much money on it. It does look cool though. I run 4" from the turbo flex joint and crossed the truck, when up the side behind the driver and split it with two 3" lines. I then put two 4" stacks over the 3" so it would help with the heat on the pipe. At least that is what I am thinking.

I have the bed hinged in the back so it can be lifted for maintenance. Some said they used a M105 size gen trailer. I almost bought one of those a week earlier but it went too high. I also didn't have a chance to measure it and see if I liked it. It looked like it would fit well though. The dual exhaust worked well because I had room between the cab and bed so I'm pleased with that. Well here's the ebay link if anyone wants it:

M35 deuce bob bobbed shorty military truck 4x4 custom : eBay Motors (item 110515451239 end time Apr-10-10 21:18:11 PDT)

Here's a few pictures with the exhaust and bed finished.
Nice job!!

Did you do the power steering modification?

Blythewoodjoe

OD iron wheels. Bought them from OD iron last February. For what it's worth, in the future I will go back to using my home made two piece wheels. I just like not having to try and inflate a tubeless tire this big. Takes a lot of effort. Sure you can plug the tire and go, but you have to get it re-seated back on the wheel. With the inner-tube you could use a bicycle pump if you have the time. Michelin XL's.

I have not put power steering on the truck. If you ever drive a regular deuce and then hop in a Bob, you will think it has power steering. With the removal of the extra rear axle, I can back this truck into a parking space with one hand. It's not easy but it's a lot easier than what us deuce guys are used to.

Joe.

Blythewoodjoe

I finally got a tag for it and took it out for a real drive. It moves pretty good. I have a feeling the pump is turned up a little, which is good and bad. I will take it out tomorrow with the gps and see what it is running on the highway. I'm not sure if the dual exhaust makes it louder or quieter.

Dunegoon

I GPS'ed mine with the 14.00's and it maxed out at 68 mph on flat ground. Seemed like it was turning 2700 rpm. It would be hard to doze off while driving that fast. lol

Blythewoodjoe

I took the beast out for a ride last night and filmed the GPS and tach for a few shots. 0 to 60 in 23 seconds on flat ground. I thought that was pretty quick for a M35. I will post the video to youtube later. Cool sound.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am interested in more detail on the dual exhaust set up.
my bed plans leave some space between the bed & cab. I have been toying with the idea of dual stacks, but haven't come up with a good plan to get over / under the frame rails yet.

Blythewoodjoe

I put a video on Youtube last night. It's just a shot of the tach and GPS but it show how it runs and you can hear it quite well too. Watch at your own peril. I will take some pictures of the exhaust and get them on here. It may be after the auction is over but I'll get them.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWYTp1njSGo[/media]

beck

I like it! I want it!

I have not been to this site for some time. I saw the truck on fleabay and had to get back here to see who's it was. I knew it had to be someone who frequents here.
Super looking truck. I wish I had room, time, and plenty of cash. I would love to own this one.

RANDYDIRT

That thing is fast! It's like 3 times as fast as my 109 was before I took the box off. I haven't driven mine without the weight of the box and the rear axle yet. I hope it runs as well as yours when I get done.

Dirt

Dunegoon

I took the beast out for a ride last night and filmed the GPS and tach for a few shots. 0 to 60 in 23 seconds on flat ground. I thought that was pretty quick for a M35. I will post the video to youtube later. Cool sound.
That thing rips compaired to my old rig. Seemed like mine took forever to get to 60! I have a stocker that I'm getting ready to bob, hope you dont mind me copying that bed design. That is a killer truck, great price on it too!

Blythewoodjoe

Well, I loaded the truck for the trip to New Mexico today. Slight pucker factor. I'll post some pictures of the exhaust and stuff after the new owner has it a few days. It just didn't seem right to post detailed pictures of his new truck before he had a chance to see it in person.

A couple of pictures. First is loaded on my truck. Next is the view from beside the truckers rig looking at my trailer ramp sitting on his trailer deck. And two loaded and ready to tie down. I made a video but it will be days before I have time to edit it.

Attachments

REGULATOR

dang that is nice looking,
I wish I would have known about this sooner, I'm in Georgia and could have just driven it home.

I keep looking at these bobbed ones and think I'm going to have to get one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks