• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Stereo Install

gt1009

I've been meaning to get pictures of this for a while, but have just finally got around to it. Kenwood 4x50 watt rms head unit with an Ipod hookup and two pioneer 6x9 speakers make a lot more noise than I thought they would. Not a bad system for $160 with a 3 year warranty on all the parts.

Attachments

Elwenil

Just a curiosity question. Is there something in CUCVs that prevents the radio from being installed in the dash in the factory location for civilian trucks. Also, be careful with those enclosures. A buddy of mine had his mounted to the roof in his Dodge and kept burning up head units. Seems the high power ones generate a lot of heat and those enclosures don't allow a lot of airflow. He switched to an external amp and used the preamp RCAs and never had anymore problems.

gt1009

Ya, that box was just from best buy, I did have to cut it about 4 inches shorter than it was to clear the shifter, but it still looks and operates the same. Come to think of it I guess it probably generates more airflow that way. I would have put it in the stock place, but I wanted to leave that spot open in case I wanted to add more guages later.

gt1009

Not sure yet, may put in some 3.5s but for now the speakers are plenty loud for me and the work was quite easy. I just traced a template onto the doors when I made my cuts and then shaved off a little bit if I needed some more room.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
somewhere there is an 8-track without an under-dash box.. Did you put water cups over the backs of the speakers? The rain will come in and get on the cones if not.