• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Tank Trailer

Carlo

Well its not really original ex military but it will look better once it gets painted Nato Green. This was my top of the top horse trading I have ever done. I traded 2 old snow plows even up for the 3 axle. Im going to use it to pull my FV432.
This month has been busy and the wife is getting wise to me and my saying "its that old truck just painted it up a bit" is wearing thin!

IMG_1894[1].jpgIMG_1895[1].jpg

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of course you know that it will snow now that the plows are gone.... even if you replace them with new ones. Nice trade.

How much weight will it carry with that third axle up front?

Not sure how accurate this little guide is but for reference it's interesting.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can also tell the weight capacity of the axle by measuring the diameter of the axle. Here is a list that will show the axle weight capacity based on the axle diameter:

Typical Axle Diameters Based on Axle Capacity
- 1,000-lb - 2,000-lb Axles: 1-1/2 inch - 1-3/4 inch diameter
- 3,500-lb Axles: 2-3/8 inch diameter
- 6,000-lb - 7,200-lb Axles: 3 inch diameter
- 8,000-lb Axles: 3-1/2 inch diameter
- 9,000-lb Axles: 4 inch diameter
- 10,000-lb Or more axles: 5 inch diameter

Carlo

Hey Plowboy!
Good to hear from you again. These 2 plows I traded were extras. Not front line equipment. I had no idea they had that much value. You ready for the white stuff? I started checking trucks and sanders over this week
Trailer is rated at 36,000 tons it can haul. That's in kilos.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That looks great. Wish I had that type of set up.

BTW, how do you get your truck to park upside down? I can't even seem to get my dog to roll over. LOL

Carlo

Sorry Carnac. I have the photo saved right side up but it downloaded upside down. This happens once in a while when I upload photos.
Thanks for the words on my trailer. It really helps me move my equipment. I'm going to need new tires next year. That's 12 total. I have no idea how I'm going to swing this.
Thank you again for all your help on ID ing my trucks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I thought the GIMP was driving to get that up side down picture.

ke5eua

Sorry Carnac. I have the photo saved right side up but it downloaded upside down. This happens once in a while when I upload photos.
Thanks for the words on my trailer. It really helps me move my equipment. I'm going to need new tires next year. That's 12 total. I have no idea how I'm going to swing this.
Thank you again for all your help on ID ing my trucks.
The pic issue is that what you see on your computer is actually the meta data that is correcting the orientation of the phot so when you upload it the data is stripped and it returns to its original format.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Plowboy!
Good to hear from you again. These 2 plows I traded were extras. Not front line equipment. I had no idea they had that much value. You ready for the white stuff? I started checking trucks and sanders over this week
That is a sweet trailer. I only need one good for 10-15 tons instead of 36,000 tons thought. :)

ke5eua

Hey Plowboy!
I would love to know what you haul that is 72k lbs.

Edit: read the kilo part so it would be metric ton which would be 79,366,414 lbs

I'm sure you meant 36 metric tons, lol

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Italy is on the other side of the planet. When you finally got around to uploading the last two pictures you spun around to this side of the planet and they loaded correctly. No computer magic there.

Hard to get a close up of something that long but a couple of 45 degree pics off the nose and a few dozen with your country behind it would be greatly appreciated by all I'm sure. Appears that the paint got on the spots that it needed to and your wife knows how to motivate. Good timing too, several months of peaceful weekends ahead. più immagini

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks