• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My third bobber

peashooter

Snorkel, light bar, and MRAPs... I like it! What size tires are those? Did you do much different on the third one that you wish you would have on the first 2?

Joeinderry

The 3rd one I did the M105 bed, I like the look better. The driveshaft was also extended 12". I made a visor for the roof. Put a lot of marker lights on it. Raised the bed 3" above the frame. I'm not sure what size tires they are (too cold to go and check, but they are 47" tall. I think the next truck I do will be a winch truck, I'd use trailer springs because they seem to give a smoother ride. Also would extend the drive shaft maybe 24" and extend a trailer bed by 2'. It would also have to have a dump system installed. These trucks sure are fun to play with.

Joeinderry

gamecall 001.jpgrebornc10 025.jpgI put in some front springs. I do like the ride of the trailer springs better though, seems less bouncy. Trailer springs are more difficult to install than the front springs as well. Next truck will get the trailer springs.

welldigger

You should look at air ride for the rear. Welldigger did this on another truck, came out nice.
You wouldn't believe the ride quality. After building one truck with it I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Nice looking bobber. I'm torn on whether I want to build myself a bobber one day.

Last edited:

welldigger

Uh I believe it would be called air over spring. There are leaf spring like things that attach to the axle and are anchored by perches. Then the bags attach to the rear of the springs and to the chassis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks