• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Title Paperwork

sphillips

Update: I had written a few weeks ago that I had found a company that would title my military vehicles. I said I would update after doing all my paperwork and receiving papers, etc. I did receive my paperwork from International Title Service, and was able to get my title with no problems.

Just wanted to let everyone know....

fyi. the website I visited was www.its-titles.com and the phone number is 1-800-543-8626.

hope this helps some folks!

Thanks for the update. There was a thread or two late last year that reported ITS had stopped doing MV titles. Glad to hear they are still available. That being said, I'm glad I got a FL title with my truck from VA. No issues, other than dealing with the antique vehicle paperwork.

emr

yes they are I just spoke with a guy who knew alot about manufaturers and dates of deuces, he really new his stuff.But... could not help me , because i lost the title from a fire dept and the vin plate is gone , I am in the market for a title for a deuce and/or 5 ton or even a 97 form, if anyone is junking or parting out a deuce and or 5 ton but mostly want a deuce one..., I would purchase the paper work...Randy

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes they are I just spoke with a guy who knew alot about manufaturers and dates of deuces, he really new his stuff.But... could not help me , because i lost the title from a fire dept and the vin plate is gone , I am in the market for a title for a deuce and/or 5 ton or even a 97 form, if anyone is junking or parting out a deuce and or 5 ton but mostly want a deuce one..., I would purchase the paper work...Randy

The vin is stamped on frame rail above left front axle.

1. find that #
2. purchase a blank data plate and have it engraved with that #
3. get a LEO to verify frame #
4. get your title legally

falsifying paperwork to get a title is a felony in most if not all states.

jimm1009

The serial number should be just to the rear of the steering gearbox mount or just forward of the upper shock mount in the left fender area.
You may also find the heat treat date of the frame which could give you the year.
Caution: Use paint stripper and a soft steel brush to find the numbers.
If you sand too much you can actually remove or damage the numbers stamped in the frame. Perhaps you could add a clear coat after exposing them just n case the LEO wants to see them too as well as on the data plate.
Also handy to have is the registration number too. Stenciled on the doors or under the hood or possbily on the side of the hood.

Example would be NF04J4.

jimmm1009

ALFA2

The frame nunberfs are stampedinto the frame usualy on the driver's side outside flat portion of the truck's frame, in pretty large blocky font .5" + , and sometimes can be faint, due to shallow stamping, rust or previous sanding and restoration attempts by the previous owners. There are two groups of numbers that compose the Vin of the Deuce, with a small space in between them.
Some may have a letter or two prefix in the number as well, depending on the make and year of build. The most correct way is to confirm the Vin # from the frame, and stamp it into your new empty data plate which are available here on SS site. Some times, during a military rebuild they switched cabs and did not correct the Vin number, or assigned a different one for some other reason during a rebuild at some point in the truck's life. So it is always good to verify the frame number in any case for your records. If nothing has been changed in the truck, as in frame or cab or a major rebuild, the Vin Number of the truck should match the frame number, usually with out the letter prefix.
The Number is usually on M35 series is 1.5-1.75" is found from the top of the frame rail flat, right above the center-line of the front axle, and in some cases 1.5-2.5" behind the front axle center-line. Paint remover spray or paste, and a thin metal blade scraper a sharp one, will get you there easily, all the way to bare metal, and without damage to the existent number, and without having to sand or hard scrape Carc from the frame.

Hope this helps.

ALFA2

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks