• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my totsie -- WC 64 KD

yoeri

hi all ,

as promised a start for the restoration of my first dodge.
sold to me as being a WC52.

when i first visited her the shed was closed off with a steel plate so did have to crawl between the wall and the plate into the shed and on to the bumper of the dodge.

there wasn't much to see because of the fact she was buried under stuff ( garbage and pieces of more modern cars)

after digging her out for the transport company a couple days later she turned out to be a 64 without the KD upper box.

this pic is when she was almost from under the dirt :)

i do hope you all can see the pic, more will follow , some parts are already off.

yoeri

tnx :)
i already decided that i'm going to restore her to full kd.
will take a lot of time finding pieces and finding euro's ( or dollars) but she is worth it.

yoeri

another photo, from the front of the dodge :) (seems the photo is in the wrong direction , but good on my pc ?)
some parts are already taken off on the photo.

when all is stripped and repaired it's off to the zincblaster and metalizing.

i'm going to do the paint myself

IMG_0246.jpg

at the front they did extend the frame to accomodate a winch ( wc52/wc63) and the pto is also there.
that won't stay on it, will be restored back to non-winch :)

i already have a correct front bumper and a used long radiator grill

Last edited:

yoeri

IMG_0242.jpg

and the engine bay almost open....

i'm always on the lookout for the dodge wc64KD upper box and the rear doors ( already have a nos door for between the kd and the open cab and 2 window regulators for both the front door and middle rear door).

Last edited:

yoeri

little question;

is there a maintanence/overhauling manual for the T-214 engine?
did manage to find two bare t214's in to restore state and a bunch of extra's like fuel pump etc.

grtz

yoeri

btw , right bed is off, still need 2 bolts to come out and the rest ( left bed , wooden floor boards and the supports for the bed ) is off the dodge :)

progress is a little bit slower than i hoped , but whe keep going.
will post pics tomorrow.

yoeri

lot of work done today, the bed is off the dodge :)
it does need a lot of attention , but that's for later on .

now it's up to remove the open cab and than the 223 engine.

will post a lot of pics tomorrow from the progress ;)

oboyjohn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it wasn't so incredibly expensive for shipping, I would grab something from Europe and ship it here to Canada for myself. There are probably alot of stuff hiding in barns and sheds over there waiting their time to see the light of day again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks