• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my toys

bobc

It's been a long time since I've posted here, my interest lies mostly with WW2 trucks and equipment but my latest project I figured would be appreciated more here then over at the G, since I was here last I finished the restoration on my 1943 White M-2-A-1 half-track, my current yard truck is a SWB 41 CCKW with an M series bed, my current project is a 45 open cab CCKW converted to an open cab Chevy G-506, I had a 53 M-37 which I drove as a daily driver for 5 years, I've had convertibles in the past and I really enjoyed have a truck I could take the top off of in the summer, so when I bought a lot of 4 CCKW's from a local one was an open cab, at first I was going to cut the frame on one of the trucks i bought from him but I found out it was a 1940 CCKWX, with a 4 digit serial number and the GMC guys got all upset so I just hung onto the open cab and started looking for a Chevy donor truck, about 5 years ago I found a good one in a junk yard, but at the time it was buried behind 20 years of actual junk, last summer he decided to retire and scrap the junk so I was finally able to get a donor frame with a good bed, I was going to use the GMC engine and tranny in the chevy frame but after talking to some other I decided to just cut the frame on both trucks and weld them back together, so the front half is all GMC, with the 270 and 5 speed trans, and the rear is Chevy,the front sheet metal is mixed and I'm using the early Chevy grille, my theory on this truck is that it was built late in the war by motor pool guys with a bunch of wrecked trucks and way too much time on their hands, I plan on posting a build thread for the open cab, but I know how much guys like to look at pictures of OD toys, so here are some.

Last edited:

bobc

apparently there is some thing wrong with my photo links, I assume this board is like all the other but for some reason I can't get the pictures to transfer, maybe if you click on them they will open!.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks