• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Trailer recovery. whay do ypu think?

2Deuces wild

My first trailer from ebay was a disaster. The one I bid on i never got and the one he tried to give me was a rust bucket. I paid 600 and never got my money or trailer....:evil: So I tried again and won this one. A 54 checker.
What do you think of it? did i get a good deal at 700? I towed it back behind my ford 600 at 65 MPH and i could swearer i wasn't towing anything... 150 miles with out a hick up.:grin:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's newer than a Checker. Has the 2nd generation tie downs and a relay valve brake system.

2Deuces wild

Cool, the id tags must have been mix up buy the owner. He had a few in the paint shop and he must have removed the plates for paint and mixed them up. The ID tag said delivered in 1954. Checker co. I'm happy no rust... Just need bows, Half way through the repaint, Camo to match the truck.

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats!! True satisfaction is worth whatever we have to spend upon it!! If you are happy and it works well for you, then GREAT DEAL!!

Outdoorsman

Did you pick that up in San Clemente? From a guy named Steve? That industrial park looks familiar. I got mine down there off of eBay for $566 a few months back. Looks to be in same condition. He had a deuce being sold separately at the time. Nice. Still a good buy considering the year of manufacture, and the bonus paint job. He uses good paint too. Going to paint my F250 the same.

2Deuces wild

Yes sir re bob. I to got mone from Steve to. Also the other guy who tried to rip me off on ebay called and said he had a good trailer for me. I told him to deliver it to my house. We will see what he brings:roll: I'll post pictures of both.

100dollarman

Thats a good looking trailer for that price!!! Some of the trailers can be really bent up and rusty--- looks like you scored a good one!

I have several nice ones in Lucerne Valley if that is closer for anyone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks