• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My truck got a small part in a movie..

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a few months back I got a call from a buddy that they needed a HMMWV for a couple scenes in a movie.
As far as I can tell, it was basically just a background prop, with one short action scene of the truck pulling up fast and skidding to a halt.
For as little time as it's in the movie, I was surprised it made it into the movie trailer, and is even the shot that shows up on the facebook page trailer.

Not endorsing the film, as I didn't have any involvement other than sitting in my truck for one scene, and driving it about 50 feet in another, but was a little excited it's prominent.

Screen shot of the trailer. slightly blurry, but I'm driving.

HMMWV trailer page.jpg

if you watch the trailer (about 50 seconds in on the NOV 28 post, or 2:18 on the DEC 30 post), I though the shot of the truck skidding to a halt and the way the tires bounced was interesting.

or at 1:03 in the youtube version

Last edited:

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know a fella here in NC, that is what he does part time, rents trucks to movie and tv producers. When covid was really bad, he sold all his trucks due to no need for them. Then it started picking back up and he bought one of mine to use as rental again. He had a few that were "blown up" as well, similar to the one that sold on GP lol.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know a fella here in NC, that is what he does part time, rents trucks to movie and tv producers. When covid was really bad, he sold all his trucks due to no need for them. Then it started picking back up and he bought one of mine to use as rental again. He had a few that were "blown up" as well, similar to the one that sold on GP lol.
That is particularly neat!

There is a big warehouse that has been rented several times for movie shoots next door to our place. Last few times they were here we helped the props department with several projects. Building Sets need blueprints and the stickers and boxes for filming assorted scenes. They have shot a few military films, so maybe some of my toys will get to star in a show eventually...

Action

When "Marauders" was filmed in downtown Cincinnati, the actor's trailers were set up in our employee parking lot. I thought about putting a sign on the back of my hmmwv stating to drop a business card in the window if they ever needed a hmmwv for a movie. I didn't do it. It was Bruce Willis, Dave Bautista, and Christopher Meloni.

cucvmule

collector of stuff
You have been traumatized like dude in Nirvana album pic and now have trouble sleeping. Perhaps after film premiers and you are shown in it your neck begins to hurt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks