• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My upcoming Ohio/Indianapolis trip

eagle4g63

Well I am plotting out my upcoming little trip this coming Thursday.

I am going to be going out to John S-B 's house to pick up a deuce bed.....planing on taking route 30 there with nothing but the parts I am trading him and my spare tire in the bed.....no sides or cover(Well also my stocked tool box on the truck that is always there). We are going to slide the bed I am getting into my bed of the truck.

From there I am heading back to Indiana(via route 70)....stoping by KD 's place in Greenfield(east if Indianapolis) to pick up a tool box set up I am getting from him.

From there it is into Indianapolis to meet up with yet another member (Gruemeyer) ....going past his shop to pick up some small stuff for a member up here by me and to well.....SHOP to see what else I might want for myself....I know must be nice I am already getting stuff for myself but what the heck....If you are going to be a bear, may as well be a grizzly!!!

Last but not least I am headed to Nobelsville to pick up a 275 gallon tote FULL of oil, and trans fluid.....the deuce has to eat you know. This is the only stop that I may have to move up....the guy is going to load it for me with his fork lift...again at his shop so time may play a role on this one.

From there I am heading home(Griffith, IN) so should make for a LONGGGG day.

I am going to be taking pics of the journey and share....I hope to not have ANY trouble but we all know that may be too optimistic.....so if there are any of you other fine members that would like to share any of your contact info along my route so if I get into trouble and need a hand....I would greatly appreciate it.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are on route 30, you will be within 5 or so miles of my place. Are you taking 23 south to columbus then? That would put me a little more out of the way. I'm just past bucyrus, ohio.

eagle4g63

Google maps has got me going down through Lima and on 33 to Marrysville then east into Ostrander. They do show how I could go over to 23 south...but that seams to add another 1/2 hour to my trip time.

I see where bucyrus is.....yeah it is just a little further than I was going to go....I did comb Craigslist for any oil in the area....hehehe gotta pick up anything that I can....make up for the fuel I am using to fetch the bed.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am reusing the oil from you gimp in the crane and lift. But if he is in a pinch, I can oil/fuel him up. I will PM my number to you in case you have any problems near my place.

eagle4g63

Mighty nice of ya Gimpy....offering another mans stuff roflroflrofl

I gotta say your avatars do get weird at times.

I think I am going to be good on the fuel...I have 2 tanks on the deuce...and only used 1 1/2 going to Haspin and back(including the little bid I drove while there) and that was pulling my pop up and having my tarp on....should make better mileage without the tarp or any load out there.

If I am running early, I may just take the route out by you stretch, I am leaving my place by 4:30AM and am to be meeting up with John at his place at 10:00am....depends on time.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Feel free to stop by the shop for a quick pit stop on your way back to noble-tucky

Bowes sealfast, 7159 east 46th street Indianpolis, In, 46226, Get off I465 at the pendleton pike exit turn left at the stop light, go threw the next light turn right at the shadland pendleton pike stop light (third stop light), go over the bridge, turn right at the next light last big parking lot on the right side of the road before you go over the bridge.

You trip sounds like mine for saturday only a tad bigger, my place to docfarmall's (to pick up a m35 cab and two hard tops for tweeter) via I74 then over to us27 strait up to tweeters in montpelier (drop off cab and tops), back down I69 to home in Indy.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Leaving in the morning......last chance for any one to buy/trade for my soft top....YES it is in the classifieds....just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone on my route is interested in it.....I can deliver it to you.

All in all depending on time of course...wouldn't mind stopping by your place indy...just gotta watch my time to get to the oil guys place on time so he can load it for me with the fork truck.

eagle4g63

Well left the house at just after 4:00am:shock:.....I can now officially say I know exactly what the pre-crack of dawn looks like!!!! I didn't get back home until midnight:( the truck started to give me fits on the way home:evil: Details later when I get off work....but right now it is in the drive and needing wrenching, so.....yaaaa more stuff to have to do this weekend(yes that is MASS sarcasm)

Also I have pics of the loading and what not.....so don't give the "useless with out pics...." they will be posted this evening.

eagle4g63

Thanks, Bob....I might have to take you up on that.....the air compressor HAS to come out.....no longer just a leak, open flood gate of oil.

The entire underneath of my truck is lubed for life, it got all over the back of the truck even, also all over the sides....just a plain MESS.

The last pic is the oil slick from just moving it over 3 feet this morning so the wife could get past it to go to work!!!!

This thing was just pouring oil out of it from about just north of Indy, all the way home...didn't even look to see how low it is now, after the first Gallon of oil I put in it at a truck stop down 65 earlier.

PS....helps to ADD the pics!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

gungearz

Just let me know brother... Ill go pull it back with mine and put it on the dirt by me. So we Don't screw up the driveways. You know I'm always willing to learn....

eagle4g63

Any way the day started out nice....great big FULL moon that lit of the road almost better than my headlights....then I got to see a very nice sunrise(pic 1) on the way to Johns....small stop in Ohio to change out the primary fuel filter AGAIN....put in all new filters wednesday morning.

The pics from Johns when we were doing the swap.

Also you can say what you want about us Indiana folk.....rednecks or what not......at least we don't have a town like Ohio called.....HICKSVILLE :shock::shock::shock:

Attachments

eagle4g63

After Johns I headed over to Indianapolis......I took 70.....That was some fun, Indy must be a couple thousand feet higher than Ohio cause it seemed all I was doing was going UP hills....a bunch of them I had to drop down to 4th to keep any type of momentum.....the truckers weren't all that happy looking having to keep going around me slowing down. OH WELL!!

Anyway the tool box went just fine, thanks Kent, then started over to gruemeyers place and well....the truck started to give me the hickups.......ANOTHER FILTER:evil: I put it on thinking what the H#$^ and took off down the road again....now Mike was only about 20 minutes down the road from Kent's place so not sure what all the hubub with the truck was.

Anyway Mike was great....he showed me around the place and I gotta say, If you ever get a chance to go by his place bring a large pocket of money and a LARGE EMPTY truck....he has all kind of COOL stuff.....did I mention a GREAT guy!!!

Sorry didn't get pics I was running late by this time!!!

eagle4g63

Then off to my last stop....SORRY indy4x4fab....had to pass by ya...wanted to stop and probably should have and had you help me look over my truck.

Anyway loaded up the oil all the guys family were out there with jaws on the ground checking out the truck.....must not have ever seen one before and they were amazed...might have even tarnished a few of them(the hubby wants one now....hehehe)

Attachments

eagle4g63

After this I headed twards home.....that's when ALL the cussing started!!!!

I got over by Fort Wayne(heading twards route 65) and you guessed it the truck started AGAIN with the hiccups......NO MORE filters and it was 9:00pm....nothing open drove the best I could and then when it wouldn't cooperate....I pulled over to try to figure something out...opened to gas cap and felt a slight vacuum on the cap...kind of weird....thought maybe NOT a filter problem but a plugged vent line.....left fuel cap off and down the road I went....made it to Fort Wayne and it was kind of ok....drained down the rest of my fuel mix that was in there and put in straight diesel.....smoothed out good enough and headed up 65....figured the open gas cap and thin fluid made it let me get home.

OH yea, almost forgot.....the last time of the hiccups and I noticed how much oil was running out of my motor:shock::shock::shock: Also put in half a gallon of oil at that time......later at the truck stop up a little further north bought another gallon and dumped it in and kept driving.....had to get home but wanted to keep the oil pressure up and enough oil to lube everything...didn't need to do the under neath of the truck but hay...now I can steam clean everything AGAIN!!! OH what fun!!

eagle4g63

Got home like I said at midnight....dragging my sorry butt in and fell over....ONLY 5 hours longer that it should have taken but hay....now I get to do a bunch of work on it yea:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

Anyway the last couple of pics, and now my truck has a bunk bed:razz:

And the sky was nice and clear once again when I returned under a full moon. If asked: would I do it again? He^^ YES.....everyone I meet up with were great guys and glad to see them.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks